I've been experimenting with marbling leather. I happened to have a piece that was the perfect size for JLS leather's horizontal card holder. So I thought I'd give it a go. It's a simple project but came out pretty well I think. 

It's my first time using tiger thread too. That stuff is nice! .8 navy thread was used. 

Open to critique and comments 

Cheers!

20170503_154815-1123x716.jpg

20170503_154915-1123x1481.jpg

20170503_154849-1123x1519.jpg

Real pretty!  Got me thinking...

And yes!  A marble-coloured project just crash-landed in my mind (such an obstacle course in there :crazy:)

Thanks for the inspiration! :yeah:

Real pretty!  Got me thinking...

And yes!  A marble-coloured project just crash-landed in my mind (such an obstacle course in there :crazy:)

Thanks for the inspiration! :yeah:

Awesome. I don't know that ive inspired before haha. I have another post in the how to section on how I did the marbling and what I used if you want to look at it. This was a piece left over from my testing that was big enough to do something with. Glad you like it, I'm eager to see what you come up with.

Pōwhiri hoki Harelei!

It looks really cool.

Thanks mutt. I know it's a simple project but I'm still proud of it. Everything just went smoothly and I haven't had a project like that for a while. My only gripe is the channel for the stitching. I should have dyed it something or not used the groover at all since it's not really necessary. 

It's  really cool. I love the effect.  I agree about the groover, but still very cool!

Thanks Sofaspud.it is really fun to marble and get all the different designs. Every one is different and gives you something new to look at every time. 

Nice!

So, when you ask yourself "what color thread for this project?", how do you come up with just one? I have to agree about the channel for the stitching. I've stopped using a channeler and just use a goover if anything now.

And my first couple of projects with my new Tiger thread have been a real joy. There is certainly a difference. John James needles and Tiger, good stuff.

Thats the beauty of it, any color thread would look good haha. I was going to use purple but I'm saving that for another project. The people I got the thread from included one johnn james needle but I didn't use it because I needed two lol. But I'm considering getting some because they are thinner than my current needles. 

Thanks, and thanks again for the inspiration with your suminagashi @cjartist

Hahaha!, it would definitely work billybopp

May be worth the investment. It would fit in really well. 

Nailed it!

rainbowthread.JPG

That came out really nice. Agree on the groove, maybe you could get a fine paint brush and get some dye in there, maybe some saddle tan or British tan would be just bold enough without looking like a straight line, or else you could use a few different dyes if you have some.

Looks cool and those JLS simple wallets are just a lot of fun to make too.

Thanks battlemunky, it was a fun project. I've never been a big fan of the minimalist thing but it's growing on me. At least in the wallet area. It holds enough of the stuff I need and is a lot thinner.