imstephenjones

Self Centering Belt Punch - $350

Selling a self centering belt punch made by Byler's Custom Leather Machinery. Throwing in the belt dies as well. $350 via Square Cash and it is yours. I will cover shipping.

belt-punch-1.jpg

belt-punch-2.jpg

Edited by imstephenjones

Pmed 

Pmed as well

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, imstephenjones said:

Sold!

I know this has been sold but can you tell me where you purchased it? anybody know where I can find one?  I can't find any info on this type of punch press. any info would help.

Weaver Leather has a similar punch on their site but it sure isn't $350. In fact it is not even close!!! Try $2300...

6 hours ago, Ed in Tx said:

Weaver Leather has a similar punch on their site but it sure isn't $350. In fact it is not even close!!! Try $2300...

Thank you sir i will look into the one from weaver. Appreciate the info.

I have the same machine in our shop as well as some others made by Byler's Custom Leather Machinery.. They make some very nice tools . 

Dan Byler

881 Ivory Road

Frewsburg Ny 14738   you will need to send him a letter as they are Amish and do not have a phone  ..

6 hours ago, Itch said:

I have the same machine in our shop as well as some others made by Byler's Custom Leather Machinery.. They make some very nice tools . 

Dan Byler

881 Ivory Road

Frewsburg Ny 14738   you will need to send him a letter as they are Amish and do not have a phone  ..

Itch you are the man!! Do you know what this machine would run me for? Im sure dies are sold separately. I just want to have an idea of what in getting into money wise. 

Itch can you let me know what else this company makes? I would love to know what other machine he can make that would make my life easier and speed up production at the same time. 

I bought the machines that I have from him about 4 years ago can't remember what I paid.. The self centering punch and the embossing roller are both rock solid machines..

Great any info helps. Do you know of any other machines he makes?  

This is all that I am familiar with ..

Thank you for the info itch.  Big help now that i know who makes them. I will send the guy a letter. 

On 7/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, Itch said:

Dan Byler

881 Ivory Road

What does this thing coast new I saw a few at the weaver consignment auction last year but my budget was shoot by the second day when they were auctioning them off

You would need to contact Dan as I do not remember what we payed for the machines ..

On 7/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, Ed in Tx said:

I still can't believe their craft site markup... its 1,595 on the wholesale side. 

4 hours ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

I still can't believe their craft site markup... its 1,595 on the wholesale side. 

You may have exposed a top secret!! they may be after you.. LOL.. What is really ridiculous is they probably paid the manufacturer less than $500.

Personally, I don't get the pricing schemes some companies use such as the "wholesale" "retail" pricing. I don't know what the requirements are at Weaver but places like Tandy seem to be looking solely as easy profit. I would much rather do business with a company that doesn't make you jump through hoops to get a decent price. I am small time compared to a lot of folks doing leather work but I still spend at least $2000 annually for leather and supplies. I'd say that's a bit more than someone that makes one or two small purchases. 

I'm sure they don't care if I buy from them or not but I'm not going to be forced to pay more unless I prove something.