I got nuthin'! Looks great to me.

I like the detail on the belt loop, that often gets neglected.

Edited by alpha2

I really like the paint job!  Nice and clean detail.

Those are some tiny details.  Nicely done!

YinTx

Only one question but I am sure the answer is yes... did you install a welt? the tip looks like a tight fold which made me wonder if there is a third layer in tehmiddle or not.

Otherwise looks great.

I'm far from an expert, but it looks perfectly executed.

19 hours ago, henrys103 said:

looking for some constructive criticism and opinions

new to this website

pic15.jpg

Welcome. 1. Better pix front, back edges? 2. Was this a Tandy Leather kit sheath? If it was you did a good job making it shine. 3. You're tooling looks very well executed. I personally would not have chosen to use white for the letters on any item that may see hard use. 4. You should have shown a picture of the blade that this work is for it opens the doors too many questions if you do not. I'm sure there are many of us that would like to know if this sheath is made to sit in the cabinet or actually be used. 5. I personally do not care to use whip stitching or lacing on any item that will see hard use. 6. Also as stated above by someone else there is no visible welt between the layers of leather this is a very big No-No coupled with that whip Stitch lacing. 7. I understand the necessity of making the holes for the lacing as big as you did because of the double pass-through of said lacing this will also lead to quick deterioration of that area if not treated correctly.  Take everything that I have posted with a grain of salt and no insult, the work looks great in my opinion for a shelf sheath again you asked for opinions I gave mine we all know how opinions are everyone has one etc etc!

Nice work I like it. Same query and concerns about the welt. 

Here is my honest amd very humble opinion. My husband and I work for several  custom knife makers and do this 24/7. Our first sheath was horrid. Absolutely garbage. If this is your first sheath, it looks far better than ours did. Welts are extremely important. It is also important to keep in mind the use of said knife. If it's going to be in a showcase, good. If not, the white lettering and other tooling is going to get destroyed. All in all, I think you did a great job, even if it was a kit. Kudos!

it was really meant for show, so no welt, although in hind sight I should have done it

also was not a kit and yes it was my 1st

thank you all for comments

As a show piece it is very show worthy well done.