justpaul

Consew 206RB-5, "kickstand" placement issue?

Hello, recently purchased a brand new Consew 206RB-5 with nice servo motor and K stand.

Can someone post an image of where the little plastic peg or kickstand is SUPPOSED to be impacting or resting on the back of the machine?

My table came with a pre-drilled hole for the peg, and it ends up resting smack on the knee-left linkage.  I phoned the dealer and was a little less than satisfied with the answer.

Your thoughts?

As it appears I have to re-drill this hole on my own, I have determined that it's 5/8", but am not sure what part of the back of the machine it's SUPPOSED to impact or rest upon. I had trouble understanding the person I spoke to on the phone at the dealer. 
They kind of laughed it off as a somewhat "unimportant feature" that you don't often really need....

Yeah, unless you actually maintain your machine.... :crazy:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfw7ozOkZLI&feature=youtu.be

not-right.jpg

So-wrong.jpg

This is really not a big deal. Put it anywhere you are comfortable with, where it would rest on the casting. Plug the old hole with a dowel. Done.

I would move the peg NW near that hole on the casting in your 1st picture.

I see one inspection cover, not sure if there is more.

I found it best to be able to have the inspection covers “off” and still use the stand / prop. It was a pita while working on one if otherwise placed. Always finding another makeshift prop. I changed one and fillied the hole with resin. Keeping it on the high side of the machine is best fwiw  i think.

It’s Friday!

Floyd

Edited by brmax

It's not critical where this support contacts the machine (other than a linkage, as in your case). I made and fitted pegs to a couple of my machines and simply tilted the machine back until the peg was contacting the body of the machine in a suitable place, marked it and drilled a hole. I wouldn't be too impressed with yours either, and even less impressed with their response.

Thanks you guys- it's like buying a new boat, motor and trailer when you have saved for months to be able to make such a purchase, and then finding you can't tip the motor out of the water, and having the dealership try to laugh it off, downplay it, say "oh, it's the first time we have run into this, it must have just slipped past us".... :P

I picked the machine and the source of where I bought it based on reviews posted on this site. I had thought that the Philadelphia-based dealer was a good choice, but now I wonder how they will handle any more serious problems going forward.

And it would still fall directly against the linkage arm rod for the knee lift..

On the juki 15 series the back has two plates and so in my prior post this still makes it impossible. Thats having both covers off to inspect and or work on with machine tilted. I will say i have re drilled all as i mentioned before. Still its up to you to decide. On behalf of the industrial complex the base mounting is their priority  and a standard. 3 of my shop tables were from dealers included the machine heads, even though i purchased them next to new shape from someones basement. Anyway the post holes were all the same “ wrong for me” so just have to fill-n-drill :rockon:

Floyd

On 10/6/2017 at 0:31 PM, justpaul said:

Hello, recently purchased a brand new Consew 206RB-5 with nice servo motor and K stand.

JustPaul,

I think one of the ladies you spoke with were a bit confused, and sorry if you felt like we blew you off.  Nothing of the sort.  See attached images, hope these help. 5/8" is the drill hole size, see approximate where to drill this hole.

All of this said, often our table suppliers drill this hole for the table pin hinge, and as that may sound convenient, it's not always in the correct spot for your specific machine.  It's a toss up to start drilling holes in the table or not.  

Anything else, please call or email, I'm eager to help.  Gregg

Consew206RBPeg1.jpg

Consew206RBPeg2.jpg