garypl

Beer Growler Caddy

Finally made a beer growler caddy for myself.  I keep practicing and tweaking the construction to make it easier to assemble.  This is for a 32 oz growler, so next will be a caddy for a 64 oz growler.  Made from 4-5 oz veg tan.

Gary

6A0207BE-EF50-47A6-AE0D-839878DEFE35.jpeg

F0A23191-30C8-443C-8BA3-B9A3B06088AA.jpeg

Another cool growler holder man! I didn't notice it before but that pike border with the interlaced pikes being antiqued vs dyed is pretty neat. How'd you pull that off?

Thanks!  I bought the stamp from Etsy number ES16 - $15. Here is the link: 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/531376369/tools-for-leather-crafts-east-series?ref=shop_home_active_4

He has many cool stamp patterns, prices are reasonable and delivery pretty fast.  I would definitely buy from him again.

Gary

Thanks Kiwi!  They are pretty easy to make and they make great gifts.  Once I am satisfied with the quality and assembly sequence, I am going to make a few and ask the local growler shop to display them for sale.

Gary

G'Day,

Very nicely done indeed.That colour is stunning. 

So you call them ' growlers' ?     Insteresting  .:specool:

we have stubby holders, or ' coldy holders'. 

I made a belt & a gimble  for a professional fisherman some years ago, and  apart from pouches for his knives, pliers etc.he also wanted a stubby holder with a belt loop. 

Well done,

HS 

I’ve heard them called coozies. Are they growlers because of the strap?

Edited by ScoobyNewbie

Growlers are the 2L sized bottle and Squealers are 1L bottles used in the homebrew/craft brew scene. Growlers can be refilled at most micro brewies.

A pain carrying them around unless you have a cool case and strap :lol:

8 hours ago, Handstitched said:

G'Day,

Very nicely done indeed.That colour is stunning. 

So you call them ' growlers' ?     Insteresting  .:specool:

we have stubby holders, or ' coldy holders'. 

I made a belt & a gimble  for a professional fisherman some years ago, and  apart from pouches for his knives, pliers etc.he also wanted a stubby holder with a belt loop. 

Well done,

HS 

Thanks HS!

8 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

I’ve heard them called coozies. Are they growlers because of the strap?

Coozies are the foam can holders - the growler is the actual 32 or 64 oz bottle.  There are dedicated growler stores that have 30-40 craft beers on tap.  You can sample beers and then have them fill up your growler to take home!  

Kind of like what my dad did back in the late 1920’s - my grandfather would send him to the corner tavern in Chicago to bring home a bucket of beer!

6 hours ago, noobleather said:

Growlers are the 2L sized bottle and Squealers are 1L bottles used in the homebrew/craft brew scene. Growlers can be refilled at most micro brewies.

A pain carrying them around unless you have a cool case and strap :lol:

You hit the nail on the head Noob - the growlers are a pain to carry by one finger when they are full!

....I usually end up carrying it like a newborn. My fingers are too big depending on the idiotically small handle on the growler. I should just make a growler/squealer hauler.

I've seen leather collars for growlers. Just around the neck of the bottle and not through the neck 

Sweet holder Sir. I like it. I think when the local folks see them you will have orders.  

25 minutes ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Sweet holder Sir. I like it. I think when the local folks see them you will have orders.  

Thanks Gene!  I have to make a few more samples to leave at the growler shop, but hope that they are well received.

Gary