JLSleather

Decisions, decisions ...

So you got a prototype almost what you were wanting, and then you use it to test color mix for the next one, and the color is a fail, so you "paint" it black, THEN WHAT?@!  Do you ..

• stick in on Ebay with all the other $28.95 holsters, or
  • toss it in the drawer, to go free to the next EMP shooter who pays for a belt ?!

20181103_124041.jpg

I don't see any problems with it. Why wouldn't you sell it for full price? 

I'm assuming that white mark on the far right side is something to do with your signature, and not a wonky stitch!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Yup, that's a booger from not watchin' when I used the pen on this note thingie ;)

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Sell for full price.

Well, I appreciate that.. but when ya see the GOOD one, you'll see what I mean :o

It's beautifully made - molding, stitching, etc.
I say full price too - but if you feel "guilty" (don't know why), discount it  $10 and call it a "sale".

21 minutes ago, JazzBass said:

It's beautifully made - molding, stitching, etc.
I say full price too - but if you feel "guilty" (don't know why), discount it  $10 and call it a "sale".

^Agreed

I discount and call them seconds. Sell about 10 to 15 cheaper than the so called “good” ones I make. There’s always that bargain hunter that don’t wanna pay full price and thinks he’s getting a heck of deal when he gets a seconds. 

Ifn you sell it for 10-15 less than usual, you’re still getting reimbursed for the material used to make the prototype. And maybe a dollar or two for ya time. 

That one looks better n them 28.95 rigs I’ve seen on eBay. But I ain’t getting into that can o worms. 

You can always put it up on sale.

(cound't resist posting)

sale.jpg

Both are good ideas. Advertising on one side of it though is intriguing. If you don't need to sell it I like the idea of giving it with a belt

Amusing observations on advertising notwithstanding (love it), you're absolutely entitled to be paid for your hard work.

I'm a newcomer to leather crafting, but I've been involved with guns and gunleather for 40 years. It is only in the past year or so that I've even become aware of what actually goes into making a holster like this.

IMHO, whatever you currently charge, should be received for this, and whatever you consider "better", might currently be under-priced.
Consider that one. ;)

Keep in mind that the buyer doesn't know the full context of your mind. The buyer doesn't know your intentions, your desires, your perfect outcome. They interpret what they see in their own way. Sell at full price, a buyer may come along and it's the right piece for them. If it sits for along time then consider selling cheaper. Art is subjective, price is subjective, life is subjective.