chrisash

Looking for a nice design for a notebook 14" computer

Hi Folk

Looking for a nice design for a notebook 14" computer, lots for tablets etc but wife wants a sleeve type cover for her notebook computer, no tooling required

So many different thickness laptops, any pattern somebody used for a different laptop, might not fit your wife's laptop. The good news is, with the laptop in your hand, it would be so easy to design a sleeve to do this job.

44 minutes ago, chrisash said:

Looking for a nice design for a notebook 14" computer, lots for tablets etc but wife wants a sleeve type cover for her notebook computer, no tooling required

You might take a look at this site: http://www.lzpattern.com/. They offer a variety of patterns, and you just might find something to get you started. 

Hi Chris,

I have time mid next week and could show you the basic pattern making process, if you wanted to come over.

If the recipient wants it earlier, I am tied up birdwatching for a few days, so could not help sooner.

I have some dark blue and green Connolly Hide, as used by top marques in their cars, which whilst softer may make a flexible sleeve.

H

Hi Harry

That's kind of you but i have a few ideas i can try, just wanted to see if anything more adventurous was around, but still a long way to go before i challenge Hermes and the likes

Thanks Latigo

Did not know of that site, worth knowing

47 minutes ago, chrisash said:

challenge Hermes and the likes 

None of us can.

14 hours ago, hwinbermuda said:

None of us can.

I was chatting with a person associated with one of their suppliers a little while ago. He mentioned 5 or 6 figure prices for their premium bags. Bags they don't even need to advertise. I just don't even potato how that works.

You need to talk to Harriet with whom I worked last year.

They phone her to say they have new designs coming in, and she gets invited to special evenings!