Vikefan

Two New Estwing Hatchet Sheaths

Please take a look and let me know what you think.  Any pointers to improve are greatly appreciated.

Vikefan

Estwing Sheaths 1.jpg

Estwing Sheaths 2.jpg

Estwing Sheath 2-1.jpg

Pretty nifty!  Are they lined so the snap doesn't come in contact with the blade?

YinTx

No lining...The original sheaths weren't lined either.

Edited by Vikefan
Had to add some detail.

Nice work, very neat stitching, and like how the design fits well with the age of the axe, only thing I might suggest for future ones is depending on usage is a little wider edge and add snap rivets.

Nice, I like the carving.

very nice

Looks good! Do the axes hang well? I made a couple of hatchet sheaths this year and struggled to get the balance right, they kept wanting to lean back and tip the blade up at the front.

I think they look real good. Only thing I'd add and it's more of a personal preference, I'm not a fan of a slot cut for a belt loop I prefer a sewn on strap. And maybe a welt in front of the sheath if there isn't one already. Anyway, very nice job!

Outfitr,

Thank you..

There is a welt on both of them (Plenty thick for the blade), but I didn't take pictures of the blade side edges.

My customer asked me to cut the belt slots, as I usually sew on a separate belt loop as well.  He said most of the time the hatchet will be packed in a backpack, then maybe strapped on short short times.   I based this design off of pictures of the original Estwing Hatchet Sheaths, especially for the Belt loop position and slots.

Vikefan

Looks like fine work to me.  I agree I would rather a loop instead of slots but customer gets what they want!  

Very cool work.  My dad had a hatchet very similair to that.  Brings back memories.   I made him a sheath to replace the cheesy plastic one it came with back in junior high school, a really long time ago.  Yours are much nicer