JeannieH

Is this a synchronized binding machine?

I just bought this Zoje 2628 machine used. The company owner said it was a binding machine. Looks like it to me. Can anyone confirm? Problem is...I don’t have a binder (working on that) and it looks like it’s missing part on top of the black piece that moves..based off pictures online of synchronized binding machines.

I have a cheap binder attachment off eBay but when I put it on the machine, the feed dog doesn’t move the material backward. I’m so confused.

ok.  I looked for that forum but I didn't see it.  thank you

Hi Jeannie, Normally there is a different foot that is used for binding, sorta like the feed dog, with the finger on the left? but you seem to have another type foot on? anyway i was going to say maybe that foot is not lifting up enough to let the binding feed through??? not sure but that could be the problem. On the black plate there is normally a rack with fingers to let the binding pass through and not get twisted. that´s the two holes furthest right, then two long screws to hold the binder on. Ill get you a picture...

618OVwAMbkL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.39c89912550df086625940d6ea7c046b.jpg

Edited by jimi

Looks like  clone of a Pfaff 335? If you search on that model you should find some pictures as many of them were sold as binding machines. The feet look right but the inner foot isn't lifting, so some adjustment is needed, and as jimi said it's missing the row of guide fingers that mount at the right hand end of the moving plate. Looks to me like someone removed the binding parts so they could sew normally.

Thanks guys. So if I got a custom binder made, would I need the missing parts still? Where could I even find replacement parts with China being on lockdown???

I was hoping I didn’t need to adjust anything lol. 

Jimi's right about the inner foot, I should have checked before opening my big mouth, so to speak! I suspect that if you can find binder parts for a Pfaff 335 there's a good chance they might fit, although I have no idea where to get them.

could also be that it is a JUki DCS 246 clone - if so It would not take Pfaff feet, then it needs Singer 111 type feet. Or do the Pfaff 335 clones take Singer feet too? Not speaking fo the other parts... So be careful.

When the Company (Sewing machine dealer I guess) sold you this machine as a binder machine they should have it set it up like one and ready to use

Edited by Constabulary

I think we need some photos of the machine, all of this is based on a very short video of the feet?

Silly question but have you asked the seller if he stored the parts and forgot to give them to you when you picked up the machine, I sold my shotguns and forgot to sell the choke key with one of them

Yes I wish the seller had done a little more. I don’t think he forgot to give me anything. I will post some pics of it. I just bought a pfaff 335 bracket for 19.50 off eBay. I’m sure the bolts for the binder and finger piece at the top should at least fit my machine...I hope.

C40A2B85-731C-49CF-A3B2-62AB9BE7C4C1.jpeg

901B95DA-9CAD-4538-98CD-3C0DAEE4BE39.jpeg

BCCD2988-99A6-4901-B7D9-F155B43915A9.jpeg

Edited by JeannieH
It wasn’t a full set, just the bracket

This is what I bought to get the missing pieces (besides a binder and foot set I guess).

3D62C63F-E9DF-4F30-BC6C-7792884B7BD5.jpeg

Hi, Yes that looks like it will fit. You just need the binder and the inside foot. did you see if you could lift your foot up a little? It should be the wing nut over at the back at the end of the bar for adjusting?

Ok great. No I didn’t. I will go out to my sewing room in about an hour and see if I can. I do have binder feet I ordered from China a while back. It has knurled feet. It fits my consew 227....I guess I will try it on the new machine but I don’t think pfaff and consew have interchangeable parts. I hope I can find a binder before I have to pay $434 to Atlanta attachment for a custom! I’m not even making money yet..just getting started for the second time and I’m still trying to make some bags before I go public lol.

Edited by JeannieH
Forgot something

I dont have any setup for binding at the moment but here is the foot and binder that i use, i am no expert at this remember Lol.... And the Pfaff one has been heavily modified by the previous owner:blink:

20200212_110416.jpg.c3c49ee66b179321abf1f371768be168.jpg20200212_110453.thumb.jpg.b0ae2f66fe083ded5981646b1ec569b8.jpg20200212_110500.thumb.jpg.9293d36ece2d7b85c186ca2cf6f756b0.jpg20200212_110519.thumb.jpg.1f8663b44415b88a96578aff89fa82c8.jpg20200212_110534.thumb.jpg.2886f338800abcc6dd8de48ba60e5356.jpg20200212_110800.jpg.a8ea2ca117024166a1070c26c5c40e72.jpg

Edited by jimi

Cool! Where did you buy the binder from?

The small one from ebay and the larger one from Ali express.

Ok. Unless I can find a USA seller I probably won’t be able to order one from China for a while. Thank you for your help. I will update later on whether or not that foot could be pushed up further. 
for others people, if anyone has a pfaff 335 binder they don’t use anymore let me know and I may be interested in buying it! 3/4”.

thanks everyone who has taken the time to help me so far!

5 hours ago, JeannieH said:

I probably won’t be able to order one from China for a while

Worried because of Corona? Seems the virus will nor survive the transit. We had this topic here just recently...

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/88680-suppliers-from-china/

Edited by Constabulary

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

Worried because of Corona? Seems the virus will nor survive the transit. We had this topic here just recently...

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/88680-suppliers-from-china/

The factories are shut down until Feb 28 & then the air planes aren't flying there anymore either. 

okay - did not know they shut until Feb. 28. Wondering how many orders have piled up until then. :blink:

7 hours ago, JeannieH said:

for others people, if anyone has a pfaff 335 binder they don’t use anymore let me know and I may be interested in buying it! 3/4”.

Pretty sure you have dealers in the US who can supply these binders - maybe check with the known industrial sewing machine dealers who have adverts on top of this site. However - I think I have seen the "335 binders" for 18mm and 20mm tape but 3/4" is 19mm but I of course don´t know what else is available. ;)

Have a look at the Kwok Hing website, they're in Hong Kong so I don't know if that makes any difference to shipping. http://www.kwokhing.com/pfaff/

Not the cheapest around but excellent quality. They have the two feet that you need.

Can you post a photo of the entire machine? That might help identify which clone it is.

Edited by dikman

Here are more pics

31 minutes ago, dikman said:

Have a look at the Kwok Hing website, they're in Hong Kong so I don't know if that makes any difference to shipping. http://www.kwokhing.com/pfaff/

Not the cheapest around but excellent quality. They have the two feet that you need.

Can you post a photo of the entire machine? That might help identify which clone it is.

79A00530-9DF3-454B-9A0C-891065540A89.jpeg

C1B1059C-C1D6-4DB9-88CE-0216740C05DD.jpeg

5EC8BB46-2459-4851-B157-62E724C0C533.jpeg

It doesn't appear to be a clone of either a Pfaff or the Juki DCS246, and so far I haven't found anything else that looks like it. Manual/parts list is here - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1182718/Zoje-Zj2628.html#manual

I thought the base looked a bit different, like it has a second base attached to it, and the manual shows it's an accessory base that is actually an oil reservoir as the machine is fitted with an oil pump.

16 minutes ago, dikman said:

It doesn't appear to be a clone of either a Pfaff or the Juki DCS246, and so far I haven't found anything else that looks like it. Manual/parts list is here - https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1182718/Zoje-Zj2628.html#manual

I thought the base looked a bit different, like it has a second base attached to it, and the manual shows it's an accessory base that is actually an oil reservoir as the machine is fitted with an oil pump.

Ok. Does that mean a pfaff 335 binder will not fit on this machine? I’m really trying to find an already made binder to work for me before I pay hundreds of dollars for a custom one.