hashtagartz

Laser and attachments for blue guns and molds. anyluck finding a source ?

I am making a holster for a Hellcat with a micro red dot sight mounted on the slide. I currently have a mold for the hellcat but not he sight. I tried looking to see if one can buy a mold for the sight with no luck.  any suggestions. I thought about 3d printing but not sure how to get the pattern to  do it.

Thanks Jacob

my first thought was to make one out of wood then i thought maybe some of that oven bake clay stuff my kids do awesome stuff with it.

20 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

my first thought was to make one out of wood then i thought maybe some of that oven bake clay stuff my kids do awesome stuff with it.

thanks! The clay may be the answer!

Will your blue gun withstand the 130 to 150 degrees needed to bake the polymer clay? [aka Sculpey and FIMO]

This Fusion 360 video may give you some idea's if you can take photos of the original from there axis you can get a good 3D model for a 3d printer to make or if no printer there may be someone else who could make it for you

(1) How to Create a CAD Model from a Photo in Fusion 360! FF96 - YouTube

4 hours ago, fredk said:

Will your blue gun withstand the 130 to 150 degrees needed to bake the polymer clay? [aka Sculpey and FIMO]

i dont think you would need to bake the blue gun. just make it to be attached with double stick tape

Sight?  On the top?  You don't need anything.  Just keep the leather out of the way.  If it's  a red dot sight you are over thinking this whole process.  If it's a laser/light then check ebay for used models.  

dowel rod and electrical tape

On 2/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, Frodo said:

dowel rod and electrical tape

... or not.  If your putting a sight rail in, just extend the dowel out the back.  Done right, I think that would turn out very nice!  Of course, you may end up filing the sight off you Blue Gun to do that.

(You know, you have to post pictures when you finish it now!)