Hags

A few of my recent projects

These are a few of my recent projects.

The large revolver is a 6"44 mag for a young man who is a timber cruiser on the Olympic peninsula.  He spends many hours a day in very remote areas and is very conscious of bears and cougars. He wears the rig from 6 to 12 hours a day. I made this for him last may and he stopped by last week to say hi and the thing has weathered wonderfully. It has literally molded to his body. If we ever wondered why leather was and is preferred this brings it home for me. He says there is really no other way he could carry this thing.

Another is the sheath for what I was told is a 60 year old Hudson bay pattern axe. The sheath he had was falling apart. It now has regained its heirloom 

IMG_20210515_115527_921.jpg

20210807_102039.jpg

Incredible workmanship. the holster has really held up well. I love the double stitching too.  Nice job!

Nice holster  very similar to one I made also a 44 mag Ruger  Blackhawk   Nice work on the sheath to.

One of these days . . . Lord willing . . . I hope to own a similar tomahawk.  That and the sheath are both super.

He's a better man than I am . . . packin that 44.  I've owned several of them down thru the years . . . never could keep one . . . they were always too much gun for me.

But I really like the leatherwork it is wearing . . . good job.

May God bless,

Dwight

Excellent. I am really wanting to try a chest holster but haven't tackled the design part yet. 

I've got a Kimber 45 on the bench now for a chest rig. I'll see if I can get some pics and try to explain it a little. I basically use jlsleather.com's method for holster design, it's free, and very detailed,  then decide the tilt (I start with 25 degrees) then design away. If you look at my attachments I have some pics that show the various pieces on a gridded cutting board so you can see the sizes. I should take the time e to do an instructional, it would give a starting point for folks wanting to make their own. Here's a couple of pics from the Kimber I have now. You can see the gun tracing for a regular pancake style holster. And the attachment points I place instead of belt loops. I try to keep everything even as far as attachment points go. But, the gun will find it's natural point to hang. 

20210908_170835.jpg

20210908_172936.jpg

This is the finished project. 

20210913_124056.jpg