toxo

Roller wheel foot

Anyone know if I can get a roller wheel foot for my Adler 69 or my Durkopp 239 (Singer 111 type)? If so, where? Thanks guys

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Anyone know if I can get a roller wheel foot for my Adler 69 or my Durkopp 239 (Singer 111 type)?

29 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

roller foot is not possible on tripe feed machines. You need a drop feed or needle feed machine for that.

I do agree with Constabulary. I can't see how a roller foot would work. I do have some roller feet that I think may fit the shaft.

roll1-1 (2).jpg

roll2 (2).jpg

roll3 (2).jpg

roll4 (2).jpg

Think I already worked that out after I'd ordered a cheap one from Ali Express. Duh!

Seems to me that here's an invention looking for an inventor. Just needs a spring somewhere to ride the oscillations.

What on Earth do you need a roller foot for while the compound feed machine already does the feeding for you?

Roller foot is needed on a bottom feed machine, to simplify the feed and to facilitate easy turns. None of that needs any aid on a walking foot machine.

A good start would be the description of your typical work or project.

8 hours ago, DrmCa said:

What on Earth do you need a roller foot for while the compound feed machine already does the feeding for you?

Roller foot is needed on a bottom feed machine, to simplify the feed and to facilitate easy turns. None of that needs any aid on a walking foot machine.

A good start would be the description of your typical work or project.

Want to machine the mini boot. It's too hard on such a tight radius. Experimenting using a zipper foot at the moment with an edge guide but the veg tan doesn't want to lay down. Have lots of thinner chrome that might be a better fit but without much thought I was thinking that an angled wheel would be closer to the needle. I have some edge guide p/feet for the 239,  might try grinding some of the left side of the right side one. Maybe one of those one behind the other jobbies might do the job. More than ready to be educated.

IMG_20220219_214611__01.jpg

If you remove the inner feet, the outer feet wil stop oscilating.

But i think  you need other feed dogs and needle plate to get get it working

and figure out to get the roller on the right spot…..

its easier to get another machine i guess

but if you like to tinker, it could be a project

You need a shoe patcher.

or maybe a an "inline foot set" but not sure if that works on your 239. You may need a needle plate with a shorter cut out then cut off toe so the (former) outer foot can step on the needle plate right behind the inner foot. Know what I mean?

Edited by Constabulary

If your sewing bottom to vamp I'd use walking foot. Glue it first. For sewing on vamp before sole a post machine is the way to go.

28 minutes ago, cashmanleather said:

If your sewing bottom to vamp I'd use walking foot. Glue it first. For sewing on vamp before sole a post machine is the way to go.

I was about to recommend a post machine. You can get them already equipped a a roller foot and sometimes, with a roller feeder. I used to have such a machine that I used to make Bikers' caps. The driven roller on the bottom and follow roller on top allowed really precise sewing.

21 hours ago, toxo said:

I have some edge guide p/feet for the 239,  might try grinding some of the left side of the right side one. Maybe one of those one behind the other jobbies might do the job. More than ready to be educated.

Hey @toxo, In case it helps some I have done something similar with some feet on a Adler 69. I did make the back foot in this case years back before I knew where to buy them. I will put a couple of links up that may be of use in buying. This one you would need to smooth off the bottom of the feet and maybe grind away the edge some more.  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264766542768?hash=item3da550d3b0:g:on8AAOSw7O9e6bUi

This one is a full one which you can grind back to what ever you think suits https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Presser-Durkopp-Sewing-Machine/dp/B07QKB5WZC

Here is one of the jobs I use these for which is a bag handle

DSC02997_resize.JPG

As you can see here I have ground it away a lot

DSC02998_resize.JPG

Here showing that only the back part behind on the rear foot does any holding down

DSC03002_resize.JPG

DSC03004_resize.JPG

DSC03000_resize.JPG

:rockon:

Thanks for the efforts guys but I think Brian @RockyAussie has nailed it again. I'll order the right hand zipper foot for the 69 for the future but I have lots of 239 feet that I can play around with and they're a fraction of the cost of 69 feet. I might have to find out how much I can take off that right side. These are keyrings don't forget.

Update!

Had to take everything off to get as close to the edge as I needed. The trade off is having to start away from the start because there's nothing left to hold the material. You have to start with the material under what's le of the outer foot. Hope you can see from theses two bad pics. Will try to do better.

IMG_20220221_154834.jpg

IMG_20220221_154906.jpg

Inline foot set  ;) your needle plate cut out is short enough so the outer (now rear) foot can rest on it. I had to order a new needle plate + feed dog for my 111G156. MIne is on the way:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/154704899719

Edited by Constabulary

1 hour ago, Constabulary said:

Inline foot set  ;) your needle plate cut out is short enough so the outer (nor rear) foot can rest on it. I had to order a new needle plate + feed dog for my 111G156. MIne is on the way:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/154704899719

Well done Folker! Already ordered. Still can't get my head around how it's gonna work but I'll try anything. The needle still has to go down the rabbit hole so I'm guessing a back foot with enough on the left side has to be used right?

But it will not fit your 239! The 239 have lot in common with Singer 111 but NOT the needle plates and feed dogs!

If you are able to cancel the purchase better do - it will not fit!

Edited by Constabulary