bushpilotmexico

Gun Patterns Or Molds When Making Sass Type Holsters?

Just wondering what the majority of SASS type holster makers use when a customer contacts you and wants a particular holster for a particular firearm. If he lives next door he could supply the firearm but if they live hundreds or thousands of miles away what do you do to insure a custom fit?

I was checking out "blue guns" but they are all for Glocks, etc. It's not difficult when I make a custom knife to make and fit a sheath.

post-32133-0-99673600-1430689484_thumb.j

post-32133-0-35387500-1430689494_thumb.j

post-32133-0-20620900-1430689502_thumb.j

There certainly are many options for semi-auto pistols. For revolvers, I sometimes also check with Duncan's (aluminun molds) and Bunkhouse tools (some kind of composite plastic). I'll put the links below, so whoever that was going on about a reference "pinned" for the newcomer can copy them easily.

duncansoutdoor.com

www.shop.bunkhousetools.com

There are a number of dealers who produce the mold gun. Duncans carries an "old model Vaquero" that is a tad larger in frame an cylinder size than the New Model Vaquero, Colts and Colt Clones. The OM Vaquero can be used for all of them. Some places carry the Colt Single action .

If you buy a NM Vaquero mold gun, it will handle the Ubertis, Colts, Piettas, and any one that is the same as a SAA Colt.

Or if you are handy with wood working, . . . I did one for a S&W model 29 a few years back. Still have the model, . . . customer still has the holster, . . . he was tickled pink with it.

May God bless,

Dwight

I did it the hard way, I bought stainless Ruger New Model Vaqueros in long bbl (no longer available) and short (5.5). They have a 4.5 now but you can use a 5.5 and the 4.5 goes out to the end of the ejector rod shroud. I also have 2 sizes of Ruger Old Army BP guns in long and short BBL. All Stainless helps with wet forming (otherwise use plastic wrap). This covers most of what folks use for SASS. They are all more fun to shoot than the dummy guns.

Art

Bunkhouse has the largest selection in resin molds of western revolvers including a walker. There is also Denex (Collectors Armory) I am a dealer for them and I can provide you a far better price then there on line price if any one needs one feel free to contact me.