DwightT

Coffee Cup Koozie

My son was recently promoted to vice-principle at a local high school,  so I got a Yeti Coffee Cup for him and made a leather koozie for it.  Still not my best effort (I hate the border), but I'm still experimenting and re- learning as I go.

The whole thing is filled with symbolism for him: I made it,  the rose is for his mother (she loved roses and always had a rose garden), the purple of the cup is for the pancreatic cancer that took her from us, and the silver on his name is one of the colors for his new school.

Overall he is happy with it, so I'll ignore the flaws for now.

/dwight

PXL_20220720_185851349~3.jpg

image-edit-20220723214808.jpg

I really love the sentiment behind it! Does it have a bottom like a dice cup?

Congrats to your son too, by the way!

Congrats to Greg!  Surely he will love the memorial koozie for his mom!  Well done!

What flaws?  Anything with that much sentiment is perfect.  Congrats to your son for his achievement!  You are rightly proud.

very nice

On 7/24/2022 at 7:59 AM, battlemunky said:

I really love the sentiment behind it! Does it have a bottom like a dice cup?

Congrats to your son too, by the way!

Yes.  The dice cup I made a while ago was actually a trial run for this.  I had thought about just making a sleeve, but I felt that having a base would make it stronger.  Plus it gave me a place to put my "Handcrafted By" stamp.

/dwight

On 7/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, DwightT said:

My son was recently promoted to vice-principle at a local high school,  so I got a Yeti Coffee Cup for him and made a leather koozie for it.  Still not my best effort (I hate the border), but I'm still experimenting and re- learning as I go.

The whole thing is filled with symbolism for him: I made it,  the rose is for his mother (she loved roses and always had a rose garden), the purple of the cup is for the pancreatic cancer that took her from us, and the silver on his name is one of the colors for his new school.

Overall he is happy with it, so I'll ignore the flaws for now.

/dwight

PXL_20220720_185851349~3.jpg

image-edit-20220723214808.jpg

Nice!!!

Looks good. All the symbolism makes it special. The rose is nice. The stamp you used for the border is good. Nice work.

The only thing I would do differently on the border is to cut it with a swivel knife and bevel that before doing any stamping. That defines the space and keeps things even.

Yes, really good job. I recently wrote an article about the most popular coffee for my site and would like to insert your pictures for a more attractive effect. Do you mind if I copy these images with a link to this forum for my article?

Love it and the thought behind it.  Looks great also.  

6 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

Looks good. All the symbolism makes it special. The rose is nice. The stamp you used for the border is good. Nice work.

The only thing I would do differently on the border is to cut it with a swivel knife and bevel that before doing any stamping. That defines the space and keeps things even.

I agree.  The stamp that I used was interesting, but I had a heck of a time keeping my line straight.  Cutting a couple lines with a swivel knife first would have helped a lot.  It actually bothered me enough that I went and did another one for him, but used a rope boarder instead:

PXL_20221125_212841925S.thumb.jpg.8ccc6265595aedd688d22b41b778280e.jpg

There were still a couple problems with it, but I think it looked a lot better.

4 hours ago, Sem2390 said:

Yes, really good job. I recently wrote an article about the most popular coffee for my site and would like to insert your pictures for a more attractive effect. Do you mind if I copy these images with a link to this forum for my article?

Thanks.  I don't have a problem with you using the images.  I guess the forum admins will have to weigh in as to if they want you to include a link back here.

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

Love it and the thought behind it.  Looks great also.  

Thanks

/dwight

7 hours ago, DwightT said:

I agree.  The stamp that I used was interesting, but I had a heck of a time keeping my line straight.  Cutting a couple lines with a swivel knife first would have helped a lot.  It actually bothered me enough that I went and did another one for him, but used a rope boarder instead:

PXL_20221125_212841925S.thumb.jpg.8ccc6265595aedd688d22b41b778280e.jpg

There were still a couple problems with it, but I think it looked a lot better.

That rope border really made a difference. The green and red on the rose is also a nice addition. Very nice looking. He should be pleased with it.

I love it.  I like them both