fredk

Problems with Tippmann

Having read through here and looked elsewhere I believed Tippmann, who advertises on here, was good company

So last week I bought a Boss

It was delivered quickly but it was missing several items from my order. I emailed Tippmann within about 1/2 hour of my receiving the Boss

Allowing for the holiday weekend I finally got contact from 'Chelsea' this evening (my time)

Who now says I never ordered the missing items, despite all our emails having that order to view

She now wants me to pay again for the items missing from my order which I have already paid for, and paid customs duties on

So much for a 'good' US company! Is this the standard of US companies? I have better dealings with Chinese companies than this

I didn't have to buy the Boss. I could live without it but as I had windfall bonus recently I thought I'd treat myself to one. Such a mistake. I really regret buying from Tippmann.

3 hours ago, fredk said:

I really regret buying from Tippmann.

What I gathered from your post:

1) you ordered a machine and some additional items

2) there is an email trail of discussions outlining the machine and additional items

3) all the items are noted on their invoice.

4) you paid for the complete order 

5) they deny you ordered and paid for the additional items

That is definitely not a good experience from any company. I would email them again with attachments of the emails along with their invoice and ask them to revisit their decision. If that didn't work maybe consider posting on their social media your displeasure (facebook page, youtube channel, instagram). Definitely leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

kgg

You are correct

Every email to and from them has been an add-on to the previous email, which started with the order. Thus every time they send me an email or I send them one that order is there for them to see. And I keep directing 'Chelsea' to it but she denies I paid for the items

I don't go on to any of those social platforms, but I may ask a friend or family to do it.

My next thought is to start a 'charge-back' through my credit card, until Tippmann sort this out

I've tried emailing others at Tippmann but the email addresses Tippmann supply are 'dead' and the emails cannot be delivered. This too is now making me question what sort of company Tippman is. A company which will take ones money and doesn't want to be contacted with problems of their doing

Well . . . Fredk . . . I'm not sure what occurred . . . and why . . . 

But I've never . . . NEVER . . . had anything but good service from Tippmann . . . I take my machine to them whenever I have something I cannot fix . . . or we cannot fix over the phone.

PM me your full name . . . and your city . . . I know a guy up there (if he has not moved on) . . . and I'll be more than happy to try and contact him on your behalf.

Seriously . . . they have bent over backwards . . . even stopped their "production" line . . . just to take care of an age old customer of theirs . . . me.

Lemme know . . . I'll take a whack at it for you.

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, fredk said:

My next thought is to start a 'charge-back' through my credit card, until Tippmann sort this out

That should catch their attention.

kgg

Dang, that's a shame to hear. I remember seeing them when they first came out. Even tried a few stitches at the local tandy.  Was slightly impressed, but not 1500 impressed. Glad I waited and bought the Cobra. Hope this works out for you. Please post the fu.

Dang that sounds like something that would get my blood pressure up as well.

How much I'd like to do a charge back, I think that letting @Dwight help would be a better solution. Maybe Chelsea is just too proud or ignorant to accept that she has made a fault, and if Dwight's friend can help, well then hopefully it'll be sorted out. 

Good luck and please keep us updated on the progress

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the input

There is about a 5 hour difference between me and Tippmann HQ. I'm ahead by 5 hours, ie 10pm my time is about 5pm Indiana time

Just before Tippmann shut down last evening I finally got Chelsea to admit, and acknowledge that I was owed the Flatbed accessory. That is one bit sorted

@Dwight thank you for the offer. I'll PM you with that info.

15 minutes ago, fredk said:

Just before Tippmann shut down last evening I finally got Chelsea to admit, and acknowledge that I was owed the Flatbed accessory.

Glad you got it resolved.

kgg

Not quite; there is more to be sorted

I knew Tippmann from the paintball days, 1990'ish.  Made a zillion aftermarket barrels for their paintball guns and other companies too.  I just copied Fred's first note and pasted it to an email to Tippmann, asking them to quit embarrassing themselves.

God bless

@MikeRock Thank you. It all might help

Tippmann seems to have had some issues in their shipping department. I ordered some thread back in August, no confirmation of order. Contacted them after about a week, asked about the order status. Don't know who responded, not sure if it was the Chelsea mentioned above, but might have been. Was told they were out of stock on the color I ordered, but would be there soon, and I would be contacted about it and the item would be shipped. Sat tight for almost 6 weeks, and the order showed up at my door, never having been contacted and told the item was in stock and would be shipped. Checked their website, logged in, and it showed my order was "awaiting shipment"". This was in October, and I placed my order on August 21. I just checked again after reading these posts, and, oddly enough, my order is STILL "awaiting shipment", even though it was shipped and received in October. Either some software/system problems, or whoever manages orders and shipping is a total moron, or doesn't care much about the business.

Hi folks, 

I was out all afternoon (my time) and whilst I was out I received an email from Chelsea, timed at 14.41 (my time)

"So it looks like the discount was taken off of the deluxe master crafter kit in our system, so the total you paid, $1460.89, was also supposed to include the needles. The quantity was wrong in our system for the needles. So the total you paid reflects what you wanted, the ordering system for inventory was off on the total and the quantity. We will get out the needles you requested and the flatbed today."

All might be sorted. But such a palava !  I might have to pay customs and FEDEX admin fee, it shouldn't be too much,  but I can live with that

Thank you to everyone who helped or commented in any way

I'll let youse know when the items arrive

You put a detailed email of your experiences in a text with back up info and send to the President of Tippman.

I would be screaming all kinds of BS for the way you have been treated.  You are not in the States which may make it a little harder but STILL!!!

glenn

Fred,
Was it just the flat bed and needles you were missing?

God bless

Yes. . . . and when I contacted Tippmann for them they wanted me to pay for them again, plus more S&H

@fredk, Tippman Boss was my very first machine many years ago (When they were still cast iron), in fact mine was serial #0003.

Mine was a great little machine and i guess they srtill are.  The only problem I ever had with mine is what I call "short stroke".

When sewing be very sure you take the handle ALL the way up and ALL the way down each and every stitch so the thread pick up and bobbin cycle is complete.

Otherwise missed stitches, bird's nests general frustration, etc. Good Luck and enjoy your Boss!

wilco

Ladies and Gentlemen, Class of 1886, wear sunscreen . . . 

I can now say that this is all resolved.

The missing items arrived via FEDEX earlier today, Monday December 5th. A day earlier than FEDEX said they'd be delivered on

I have emailed Chelsea to let her know that the parts have arrived

Thank you all who have either just written anything or otherwise got involved

5 hours ago, fredk said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Class of 1886, wear sunscreen . . . 

I can now say that this is all resolved.

The missing items arrived via FEDEX earlier today, Monday December 5th. A day earlier than FEDEX said they'd be delivered on

I have emailed Chelsea to let her know that the parts have arrived

Thank you all who have either just written anything or otherwise got involved

Glad to hear that.

6 hours ago, fredk said:

Nice to hear.

kgg

Good news.  I hope they resolve their inventory and shipping issues. 

God bless

Hello,

I have a Tippman Aerostitch machine, I tried to call the company today to inquire about some issues I with my machine and to see about some questions I have about needles.  I got a recording that informed me that the company was closed and would reopen on Jan. 3rd!  Well that confused me as this is Feb. 6th.  Is the company still open, and how do you get in touch with them as they do not answer emails either?

Thank You,

Caryb7