20221207_195412_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20221207_195342_copy_1209x1612_2.jpg

Edited by Bawarrior
Add more

Beautiful work :yes::thumbsup::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bert you rock, thanks

Most loverly work & finish

Why the title 'Trench Gun' ?

beautiful finish and tooling. i really like how you did that strap.

Fredk and Chuck. Model 1913 Colt 45 WW1 Revolver trench gun replaced ruger by cutting barrel to 3 1/2. They were using Ruger's but need more weapons in trench. The short barrel allows user to turn in confined trench. So the barrel was cut and has no sights.                         Chuck I tried 3 different straps ideas. Either would cover to much of my carving or would not be ideal for the belt. I choose this angle because flowed with my pattern. Thanks for the comments.  

Edited by Bawarrior

Thanks for the explanation, :cheers:

Nice work.

Ruger was founded in 1949, even after WWII, let alone WWI.......  How did they get the Rugers' in 1914......or am I missing something?  Bill was a friend, we'd argue about everything, old cars, guns..... 

This is the story owner shared with me, he did say model 1913 Colt 45. Here is pic. I will double ck story

IMG_5034.jpg

Beautiful tooling, and I like the holster design.   I haven't made any holsters yet,  but I have a Tarus 38 special snub nose that is on need of one.  I think a holster like this one would work for it. 

/dwight

16 minutes ago, DwightT said:

Beautiful tooling, and I like the holster design.   I haven't made any holsters yet,  but I have a Tarus 38 special snub nose that is on need of one.  I think a holster like this one would work for it. 

/dwight

Thanks DwightT. Were you asking me to make you one or just to tell you, you can do this. I do appreciate your comments. I do love to make holsters.  

13 minutes ago, Bawarrior said:

Thanks DwightT. Were you asking me to make you one or just to tell you, you can do this. I do appreciate your comments. I do love to make holsters.  

No,  I'll take a stab at making my own,  and maybe try to copy your design.  Now if you have some plans that you would be willing to share I would appreciate taking a look.

/dwight

Sorry I don't, I have been making my patterns off of the gun itself, then after I cut pattern add design. I find holsters to be easier than knife sheaths. Your welcome to use any of my post. Good luck.

10 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

This is the story owner shared with me, he did say model 1913 Colt 45. Here is pic. I will double ck story

IMG_5034.jpg

it is either a m1909 or an m1917 depending on the caliber.

either way its a colt model that has had its barrel shortened. It started as an earlier model,m1909 in 45lc, that was modified to take the 45 acp cartridge that was in use for the model 1911. There were not enough Remington 1911s so they also used these. They didn't replace anything they filled a manufacturing void out of necessity. Very cool revolver indeed. btw the Remington 1911 was also made by companies such as  rand typewriter co, and even Singer sewing machine co. during the push for armament.

They didn't call these trench guns, that name was given to 12 gauge shotguns shortened and fitted with bayonets. Remington model 10s or Winchester model 1897s. which btw the Germans hated and even tried to get them banned from use. 

8 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Sorry I don't, I have been making my patterns off of the gun itself, then after I cut pattern add design. I find holsters to be easier than knife sheaths. Your welcome to use any of my post. Good luck.

i do the same then i cut out my final pattern from heavy card stock to reuse and save. i also scan it and save on the computer to reprint if needed. 

Nice job on that I like the use of the  meander stamp I would not have thought of that looks cool that sure is an up close and personal rig wow .

That is a very beautiful and well executed holster. More importantly very solid and usable. A lot of what leatherwork means to the user is their fantasy, nostalgia, etc. The customer is always right in their historical mind and let them have this. Lots of quick draw western holsters for those who don’t rob stagecoaches. I put a CS Confederate oval on a cell phone case for a friend last week. Nothing like the original Civil War issue cell phone pouches. 

Edited by 327fed

11 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Thanks.  It is something that I want to learn how to do, so I'll probably be digging through a lot of posts here and other places.  A lot of it for me will be in just trying to figure out what type of holster would be most appropriate for that gun.  Like I said, the style you show here looks like it would be a good fit.

/dwight

Thanks Samalan & 327fed.  It's for your comments,  all works by hand no power tools no sewing machine. 

So this gun was augmented to combat the nazi Luger. Not Ruger.. this is from owner. I hope this clears up any questions.