Hags

354 to go! Custom coasters

I am retired andwork at a local golf course doing odds and ends, club repair, golf cart door repair etc. Pays a little money and a lot of free golf. A while back I gave our golf pro a set of coasters for his new office. I've done ball markers for them in the past so I have the logo they paid for to do those for them. A bit later, he asked what I could do more of the coasters for. Seems he got a lot of remarks about them. I looked at it and gave him a price thinking I might do a dozen or so for the pro shop. He wants 340 for a golf tournament in April. Glad I've got some time and didn't go cheap. Cudos to theleatherguy.com for having this many in stock and heavy leather, very pleased with the quality. Gotta get back to work! I'll postmore pics after they are finished. Don't overlook gifting as a possible seque to future business. 

20230228_151551.jpg

20230228_151559.jpg

Well   it will be a good workout for that arm :spoton:

Is that a crab in the logo ?

It is, Ol' Crabby. Cedars at Dungeness in Sequim Washington 

Great lookin coaster Hags, get busy:thumbsup: no time for golf LOL

Edited by Bert03241

It's amazing what seeing one's own logo on a product does.  From a sales standpoint, it can do wonders.

Looks awesome! Coasters tend to work out pretty well for gifts and selling. I made coasters as our wedding gift and have done some for a winery as well.

Bee 2 (Medium).jpg

Wedding (Medium).jpg

Bee (Medium).jpg

Dang that's alot of repetitions at the same thing. Good luck stay motivated or it might get painful

I can change them up.  Going for groups of 30, have until the middle of April to finish. But yes, lots of the same thing. 

On 3/1/2023 at 6:40 AM, Rubicon04 said:

Looks awesome! Coasters tend to work out pretty well for gifts and selling. I made coasters as our wedding gift and have done some for a winery as well.

Bee 2 (Medium).jpg

Wedding (Medium).jpg

Bee (Medium).jpg

@Rubicon04  If you don't mind my asking, what do you use to emboss those large designs? And where did you get the stamp made?

I have a 4 ton Weaver Mighty Wonder press and the stamps were made by https://www.augustinedie.com/

@Fraulein

Edited by Rubicon04

15 minutes ago, Rubicon04 said:

I have a 4 ton Weaver Mighty Wonder press and the stamps were made by https://www.augustinedie.com/

@Fraulein

Thanks! Looking to invest in something for large stamps, but there's so many options out there, want to investigate before I spend that kind of money. Thanks for the stamp resource too!

~Frau~

I want a clicker press. I'm using a one ton harbor frieght arbor press with a two ton adapter (pipe!) On the handle. I've already broken one in half...

Whew! There's the one I was looking for, # 360 is on the table with the finish on it! It actually turned out to be 420. The event coordinator from our restaurant saw them and asked if she could have 60 for a dinner they were hosting. I'm about done with coasters for a bit. BUT, look what followed me home a couple of days ago! An 80lb anvil! I took my electric reel in for service and the saw this sitting outside in the dirt. Asked him if he would part with it and he said yes. He knew I made holsters and asked for a tooled leather case for his iPhone. DONE! It was a lot rougher than it looks now, and I don't think it's a very high quality anvil, but, it rings like a bell and has great rebound. Quite a bit of wire brush and rustoleum and it aint half bad.

20230324_143045.jpg