Bawarrior

Colt .38 4" barrel

10 oz leather, briar brown stain, and briar brown gel antique for leaves. Funny that my photo was turned a 90, but it is the same holster

20230402_104839_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20230402_081127_copy_1209x1612.jpg

I really like the Holster:thumbsup: but if I may? I hate rivets, They can scratch the gun and they can pop out. Sewing the belt loop is much better IMHO.

Bert good point, they possible could scratch but never pop out. thanks. I would welcome other peoples thoughts

Agree on not wanting the rivets to make any contact with the gun.  A lining might help there.  Having the flat side as you do facing the gun helps, but not 100%.  I do knife sheaths like this and it seems to work ok there, but most knives are not as expensive.  Sometimes I just stitch.  Would not expect a rivet of that nature to ever pop out when set well, and they look set well.

I really like the way the leaves fade into the back without a border.  Cool holster!

Very nice carving!

Love it!  I want to attempt a leaf carving on a future holster. (when I build up some skills, ...and my nerve to do it.)  May I ask what backgrounder you used?  was that a round backgrounder?  

2 hours ago, Littlef said:

Love it!  I want to attempt a leaf carving on a future holster. (when I build up some skills, ...and my nerve to do it.)  May I ask what backgrounder you used?  was that a round backgrounder?  

Craftool 100, its very small

PhotoPictureResizer_1680487015342_copy_1209x1612.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bawarrior said:

Craftool 100, its very small

PhotoPictureResizer_1680487015342_copy_1209x1612.jpg

nice! thanks.  It makes a nice background, I bet it fits around every contour. 

I feel like a old typewriter when using

Just now, Bawarrior said:

I feel like a old typewriter when using

lol, yea I bet its tedious.  - but the finished product looks really nice.

Nice tooling on the holster. I agree, its a nice effect with those leaves coming right out of the main back leather

Very nice !

awesome work as always friend, if you do use rivets cover them with some very thin leather or line the holster. i cut out light leather with a  1" punch then glue them over the rivet or snap and fold under the edges so the set will hold it. i wouldn't use double caps but those you used should work fine.

15 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

awesome work as always friend, if you do use rivets cover them with some very thin leather or line the holster. i cut out light leather with a  1" punch then glue them over the rivet or snap and fold under the edges so the set will hold it. i wouldn't use double caps but those you used should work fine.

Chuck Thanks for your input. I do agree because my last few holster were made a different way. Just wasn't thinking 

9 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Very nice !

Thanks Gezzer, I appreciate your comment, I usually frame, but wanted a different look. Happy with how it turned out. No more rivets on this style. Lol 

16 hours ago, fredk said:

Nice tooling on the holster. I agree, its a nice effect with those leaves coming right out of the main back leather

Thank you Fredk for nick comment

On 4/2/2023 at 12:34 PM, Bert03241 said:

I really like the Holster:thumbsup: but if I may? I hate rivets, They can scratch the gun and they can pop out. Sewing the belt loop is much better IMHO.

Ok no more rivets on this style holster. Thanks so much Bert03241

Edited by Bawarrior
Add more

3 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Ok no more rivets on this style holster. Thanks so much Bert03241

:welcome:

Nice work. Another "no" to rivets on holsters and knife sheaths. I line any holster I make but it's all stitched. 

10 hours ago, doubleh said:

Nice work. Another "no" to rivets on holsters and knife sheaths. I line any holster I make but it's all stitched. 

I agree my friend, will not sell this one. Will make another. No shortage of leather