I love doing these.   The leather is 5mm  VT ( stuff I use for horse gear)  ,  tooled with ' Boss Buttons' tools down the centre ,  made by Kelly Tool Co. NZ ,  with craft tool veiner and spots on the edge, and dyed with a few coats of Eco Flo Saddle tan  gel antique,  sealed with ' Seal 'n' Shine'  ( Aust), fitted with a good heavy  solid brass  gear buckle  .  I have done these before .  The brass and the antiques go so well together. As for the pattern, made up on the spot.    The sky is the limit with these  vintage tools. 

Are Boss buttons  hard to find these days?  

HS

Leather and Upholstery Pics April 2023 005.jpg

Edited by Handstitched

nice looking belt indeed.  Never heard of that stamp before.  Not sure how hard to find.

beautiful work my friend, how many tools are used in that pattern? is your loop sewn on?

That's a good looking belt!

Nice belt but I would call it stamped, not tooled. Guess I'm too old for modern speak.  Being one of those behind the times Americans I don't do metric measure very well either. I can figure it out though I would rather not. :)

Looks very nice ! Also looks like a LOT of hand stitching  

23 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

is your loop sewn on?

I use long post line 24's  so that the buckle is interchangeable   and the belt keeper is loose . 

19 hours ago, doubleh said:

Nice belt but I would call it stamped, not tooled.

Thanks, but  that could open up a whole new debate. I used leather tools to achieve  the end result :) 

18 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Looks very nice ! Also looks like a LOT of hand stitching  

Its machine stitched , using   Coats 277 M10,  Yellow,  #24 needle ,  but thanks  :)

6 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

What is a 'Boss button'?

'Boss Button' stamping tools are made by Kelly Tool Co.in New Zealand. They are made using a high impact plastic . They also made ' Midas Tools'. They are very rare . I do have about 5 different sets, also with some Australian fauna stamps, as well as some Australian  ' First Nations' themed stamps.

I did try to find some examples to show you, even that was difficult.  I'll try to take some pics  and upload some pics from the brochures that came with the stamps. I'm lucky to have them . 

HS

Very nice!

Outstanding work!

Impecable, Beautiful to say the least,