Garyak

Giant monitor 45. Shoulder Holster

Holster I finished up for my buddy. Giant monitor lizard, over a 45. 

7CA5FCB7-E9EB-4E9F-8D55-AE69AFAF98AF.jpeg

30AE7186-C108-431A-A4FA-E1EE6F9AC9BD.jpeg

5C3FCD6A-4D2F-49DE-820D-4B6BFF98D357.jpeg

4615D58C-E1F9-499C-9BEB-EF44CE021F1F.jpeg

DB58D5A4-60D9-45CC-B02E-6B143DE9B215.jpeg

EACED47D-8B7E-429F-9D13-2E81BE9D4660.jpeg

Stunning is my first thought . . . beautiful is my second . . . I am also partial to the contrasting stitching . . . something I do as much as I can on the projects I do.

My only detrimental comment would be the suicide strap . . . a personal note is I hate em . . . do my best to talk the new owner into a thumb break 

But the strap does look good on it . . . 

And I really like the mottle on the holster body itself

May God bless,

Dwight

Wow!  Fantastic job.  That is very striking!!

top notch as usual, i love your work with all the different types of leathers.

I did have one question though . . . where is the "shoulder" part of the holster that was in the title of the post??  :rolleyes2::wacko:

May God bless,

Dwight

:17:.....And where did you get the lizard skin?

Wow, that is cool.  I dig it.  Note to self:  Gotta go down to the creek and see if I can find me a monitor lizard.

Wow! can't imagine the time and effort that went into that. Beautiful.I so jealous, I'm embarrassed to post my stuff . Your the King of Holsters:cheers: 

Very nice, but not a fan of the strap. But, it's not mine, so .....

Shoulder? 

Wow, big 'ol wow. I really like it.

On 5/14/2023 at 11:03 PM, Hags said:

Very nice, but not a fan of the strap. But, it's not mine, so .....

Shoulder? 

If I could figure out how to edit the shoulder out, I would! Ha! I’m not there yet on this online thing. The strap is where my bud wanted it, but should it need changing I’m prepared for that. Never know it was there. However, I respect your thoughts on that. And would be more than welcoming to advice on holster builds. Truth be known, I haven’t made but a few, and every time I’ve tried to get constructive criticism I’ve gotten holier than thou attitude. I really don’t know the ins and outs of holsters, but I’m not to proud to listen to those that do.

11 hours ago, Garyak said:

If I could figure out how to edit the shoulder out, I would! Ha! I’m not there yet on this online thing. The strap is where my bud wanted it, but should it need changing I’m prepared for that. Never know it was there. However, I respect your thoughts on that. And would be more than welcoming to advice on holster builds. Truth be known, I haven’t made but a few, and every time I’ve tried to get constructive criticism I’ve gotten holier than thou attitude. I really don’t know the ins and outs of holsters, but I’m not to proud to listen to those that do.

I think most of the folks here are more than willing to "help out" with a question . . . and I'm not really sure any that I run with have a "holier than thou" attitude . . . or if they do . . . I haven't yet found it.

But again . . . let us help you . . . holler when you have a question . . . we'll see what we can conjure up for you.

May God bless,

Dwight

I get it. I've built some strange stuff for folks. But, not my circus, not my monkees! You want the strap, cool. I used to hang out on South Padre when I was stationed in Beeville in the early 70's. 67 Chevy pickup with a parachute camper tent! Life was so much cheaper then. Beer too! Good to see you posting. It takes a bit to get used to the editing part, but your on your way.

Thanks guys, and I in no way was referring to any criticism given on this forum. Nothing but good advice here for sure. All aspects of the craft.