I haven't finished anything to show off lately so I thought I'd brag on a few new tools I got from Bruce Johnson Leather Tools.  These were always at the lower priority end of my tool buying obsession until I discovered on Facebook that Bruce Johnson is now a dealer for CS Osborne.  Concho cutters that actually cut, and dividers I can set and lock.  Love 'em!  If you need something, and need it quick, check out Bruce's operation at http://www.BruceJohnsonLeather.com

OSBORNE CONCHO CUTTERS.jpg

OSBORNE DIVIDERS.jpg

The Osborne dividers are expensive, but they are by far the nicest I've ever used!

- Bill

Thanks Bruce and Billy! I sharpen pretty much everything I sell so they are ready to go. I’m adding to the lineup of new tools pretty regularly from Osborne, Wayne Jueschke, and Richard Brooks. As I get calls for something i don’t carry yet I order extras for the website most of the time. 

On 7/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, bruce johnson said:

Thanks Bruce and Billy! I sharpen pretty much everything I sell so they are ready to go. I’m adding to the lineup of new tools pretty regularly from Osborne, Wayne Jueschke, and Richard Brooks. As I get calls for something i don’t carry yet I order extras for the website most of the time. 

That's a "value added" that I really appreciate, too (the sharpening).  Everything I've gotten has been ready to run right out of the box.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be adding. 

I like those shorter dividers. Might have to look him up. The last punch I bought from Osborne I sent back as unusable. Very disappointed. 

On 7/17/2023 at 9:46 PM, Hags said:

I like those shorter dividers. Might have to look him up. The last punch I bought from Osborne I sent back as unusable. Very disappointed. 

You won't have that problem with Bruce (the other one).  Everything's ready to run right out of the box, and he ships it QUICK. 

On 7/8/2023 at 12:19 PM, billybopp said:

The Osborne dividers are expensive, but they are by far the nicest I've ever used!

- Bill

My experience too.

Great looking set up.

What is the tool on the far left with the flattish slightly overlooked white "head"

Those are some nice additions. Congrats. I'll remember Bruce if I need any new stuff.

That one on the left is a burnisher. It's used for flat surfaces like belts and whatnot. Some make them from old ceramic door knobs.

Edited by MarshalWill

2 hours ago, AussieTanker said:

Great looking set up.

What is the tool on the far left with the flattish slightly overlooked white "head"

I've heard them called 'swamper' and they are used for forming the seat of saddles into the tree, as well as other projects that need to be formed into a curved formation. Whether from wood or ceramic, they need to be very smooth to avoid marring the leather.

Also bouncer or pounder

I have heard them called a "plonky" in some other countries. I like to say "plonky". 

On 9/4/2023 at 8:09 AM, AussieTanker said:

Great looking set up.

That's a bouncer I got from Bob Douglas that's made from a doorknob.