Has any one tried this method? Found this picture on Facebook, the owner might be on here, I'm going to find a finer spraying nozzle and give it a go!

IMG_6866.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

Has any one tried this method? Found this picture on Facebook, the owner might be on here, I'm going to find a finer spraying nozzle and give it a go!

IMG_6866.jpeg

I certainly haven't tried it - but just thinking about what a spray bottle pattern looks like on if you spray it on a piece of paper, it typically makes a pretty inconsistent pattern.    You might get better results if you tried a "continuous spray" bottle - those make a much more even spray, but its also a really wide spray nozzle.  It might make more mess than what you want to deal with.  I use a continuous spray bottle if I need to add additional water while tooling.  

hey its worth a try only takes a few squirts to know, and maybe even a cool effect or effects depending on spray size.:thumbsup:

That is how I got the " speckled " effect on this , but I had to cut out a negative to cover for over spray . I wasn't too picky about nozzle size and just used one from the house and held it a couple of feet away .

IMG_1856.JPG

I could thin this slightly and actually use an air brush I already have 

2 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

IMG_6866.jpeg

For this; you could re-purpose a house-hold cleaning product sprayer bottle or get a small water-sprayer bottle for use with house plants. I have both and could re-direct one for dye spraying

I guess I thought it was a joke.  I have an airbrush and I use sprayer bottles for various things.  There is no comparison on the spray patterns.  They might work for a special effect like @Gezzer did.  JM2C, Jim

I've tried a few different spray bottles for misting leather as I'm tooling it.  Can't get a nice even spray, not atomizing well enough.

14 minutes ago, Northmount said:

I've tried a few different spray bottles for misting leather as I'm tooling it.  Can't get a nice even spray, not atomizing well enough.

i found a fine mist sprayer in the womens hair dept, it works well. i originally bought it for misting my acrylics while painting.

Common sense just slapped the nonsense from my thoughts. I went over to Hobby Lobby (cause I'm an adult) I purchased six 10 ounce bottles to use on the airbrush. Why waste a large air compressor 

When I get a round tuit and finish making a certain leather hat, the pattern bought from dieselpunk, I think spraying some dye on it might help with this look

Indiana Jones Hat, 01.jpg