Hello, I am having some trouble with Yellow Spots and discolouration on my Ash wood stitching clamp. I have put some beeswax and buffed it hoping it will work but it didn’t help. Does anyone know what the cause is and how to fix it? Thanks 

B72452CA-ADB8-4431-A89E-A33E7E42FE15.jpeg

EFBE7F19-9427-4789-90B7-4D90293D8011.jpeg

1BA3C025-3AFA-473C-B1E5-784C56C36851.jpeg

4D8CBD6E-5A56-41F1-8EBF-E72C1B709E80.jpeg

Ageing 

@indynusp Most woods can easily get a colour stain just by a drop of water, or a greasy finger etc. If you put wax on after that it will sort of seal it in the wood. 

There is no harm done at all, but if you want it to be completely free of marks etc. you need to sand it all down again, and then reapply wax to seal the surface. But it is the beauty of a natural material that it will age or develop a patina. It doesn't affect the strength of the wood at all.

Some wood species have "colouring" that will be activated by water. Idigbo for instance will turn really yellow if wetted. Ash is much more well mannered in that respect. :-)

A buddy gave me some ash subfloor out of his 1920’s house. I knocked the nails out of it, planed it, set it in a corner of the leather hut. Pulled it out the other day, looks just like yours. And it warped. 100 years old and warped. 

Your ash looks fine. It is very tough wood and doesn’t react with metal like oak does, so no staining. I use it for furniture, stitching horse and stump tables.gallery_9957_2899_42110.jpg

Ash is a very versatile wood, sometimes referred to as the poor man's oak. A lot of it was used for furniture during the Depression.

Yeah, that's nothing to worry about at all, just character marks for that particular piece of wood.