1- 8” x 8”

2- 3 1/2” x 8”

2- 3” x 8”

1- 2 1/4” x 8”

1-1” x 8” strap 

execution   Credit card pockets 

place the 2 1/4  onto the 3”  and sew a line center

place the 3” with the 2 1/4 onto the 8x8

measure from edge toward center 2 3/4” sew the 3” onto the 8x8   Do this on both  ends of the 3” piece

d o not sew the edges yet 

this is your credit card pockets

outter pocket and credit card edge

take your strap  measure 2”   Fold over at that mark  punch hole  insert make end of a line 24 snap

on the other end of the strap install another half of a snap    Set aside

sew the long side of the credit card pieces to the 8x8.  As you sew, install the strap sew 1” from end 

place the 8x8 with credit card  face down on table   ( you are looking at the outside /finished side of the 8x8)

place the 3 1/2 on the 8x8  locate the snap on the strap and punch a hole in the 3 1/2 set snsp

sew the bottom stitch line  and sides

This side is done 

turn the 8x8   And stack the .3” on the 3 1/2”  onto the 8”  sew the edges 

Measure from edge to center strap 1 1/2”

set snap  when the wallet is closed you should have a gap of 1”

this is going to look funny and you are going to want to make the gap less

do not do that,  when the wallet is loaded with what ever it will carry,  it will become “fat”  IMG_1011.jpeg.bdcd3e15e1ae2548b7486456e96dd766.jpegIMG_1010.jpeg.50c7e156b053bac29ddc9e8186e9f52c.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg.5db7cb5a2073463bc6c7a1d0090203b5.jpeg

10 hours ago, purplefox66 said:

Give it up

A Black Douglas Never “gives it up”
Jamais arriere

Your work looks like a 1 year old child.

And race has nothing to do with this.

32 minutes ago, purplefox66 said:

Your opinion means nothing here friend go somewhere else like face book to spoils peoples day.

38 minutes ago, purplefox66 said:

race?   Oh!!  I see you are history ignorant.  Common core education?  I am sorry. Well, maybe I can help your ignorance out just a little

Sir James Douglas was  know as

“Good Sir James". He was now one of the king's greatest supporter and a model of chivalry. But James had black hair and a reputation so feared by the English they named him "the Black Douglas." They said his evil success against them was because he was a demon himself.

I am a direct descendant of Sir James I am proudly a Black Douglas. 
there ya go,  you have been properly ss hooked and if your ish to know more google it

Now let’s address your disrespect of this forum

take your negative bullshat and go somewhere else. Your kind is not welcome here. Here is some more education for you

your moms should have home trained you but since she lacked the skill I will not do it for her

if you do not have anything good to say then keep your pie hole shut

You go Frodo!!!!!   PS  thanks for the description for your procedure on this.   But (and I may be mistaken here) it seems you are still having problems with the new air brush.  Are you thinning the dye? The few times I've used mine, that got me the best results for even color.  Also had to play with the nozzle setting to get a wider spray when trying to cover larger areas. 

2 hours ago, Sinbad395 said:

You go Frodo!!!!!   PS  thanks for the description for your procedure on this.   But (and I may be mistaken here) it seems you are still having problems with the new air brush.  Are you thinning the dye? The few times I've used mine, that got me the best results for even color.  Also had to play with the nozzle setting to get a wider spray when trying to cover larger areas. 

Yes, this weekend I will make a tank for this thing

it has done very well on edge work and fading in

but the first time Inused it non a large area it ruined the look

I ordered some more dye looks like I will fix it by dunking it

I think for large pieces air brushes don't give enough penetration, or I should say depth unless you spray it 100 times. at least for me when I first started using an air brush on leather it seemed to me like a light scratch exposed un-dyed leather.

They are great for fading, I only use mine anymore for doing a darker fade from the edge of the piece inwards over lighter dyed work piece.

3 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

I think for large pieces air brushes don't give enough penetration, or I should say depth unless you spray it 100 times. at least for me when I first started using an air brush on leather it seemed to me like a light scratch exposed un-dyed leather.

They are great for fading, I only use mine anymore for doing a darker fade from the edge of the piece inwards over lighter dyed work piece.

That same thought has run through my head more than  once

Purplefox66   I hope you are sober now and want to apologize.  That was totally uncalled for.

Frodo, there are a few videos on youtube about using an airbrush for dyeing leather.  These are the ones that I've gone through and bookmarked for when I get around to using an airbrush.  Maybe you'll find a nugget or two in there that can help sort things out for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZcoxkuylk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h96qn66FExw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOT1Jkq9wk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YA_cNnATi0

8 hours ago, Frodo said:

That same thought has run through my head more than  once

I've done bible cover, holster and purse size pieces with no problem and penetration is a matter of how many coats you put on i usually soak it pretty good side to side then top to bottom then diagonally, with light applications it comes out nice and even and wet enough to tool. An oz. of dye is an oz of dye no matter how you put it on the leather it will go the same distance.

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

I've done bible cover, holster and purse size pieces with no problem and penetration is a matter of how many coats you put on i usually soak it pretty good side to side then top to bottom then diagonally, with light applications it comes out nice and even and wet enough to tool. An oz. of dye is an oz of dye no matter how you put it on the leather it will go the same distance.

True, my friend. I appreciate your experience and thoughts   

the mixture I use of mahogany and light brown have different shades or hues ( if that is the correct word)  depending on the thickness being applied

single light coat is a tan,  heavy coat is mahogany

my issue  with the air brush is simply I need more practice using the air brush

i have used it up to this point only fading in edges and a monkey can pull that off with out problems 

Aven, I have not had a chance to look at those links yet. I will some time today as time provides,  thank you for posting them

purplewtf ever,  I hold no animosity

Frodo I would like to apologize for my nasty comments so I'm very sorry for what I said. You at least are doing things and posting. Like I said I am very sorry for my bad behavior and I also wanted to apologize to the other forum members.

On 1/8/2024 at 2:18 PM, purplefox66 said:

Frodo I would like to apologize for my nasty comments so I'm very sorry for what I said. You at least are doing things and posting. Like I said I am very sorry for my bad behavior and I also wanted to apologize to the other forum members.

Not a problem ,  appreciate that you have enough class to own it. 
lets just put it behind us and move on

I guess purplefox was having a bad day when he made his original comments. Happens to all of us.

Frodo, airbrushes aren't intended to do large areas, something I discovered too, it is very difficult to get uniform coverage. You need to go up in size and get a small spraygun to do that, you can find them on ebay/Aliexpress.

Interesting heritage you have there, perhaps we should call you Frodo the Black.:lol:

8 hours ago, dikman said:

I guess purplefox was having a bad day when he made his original comments. Happens to all of us.

Frodo, airbrushes aren't intended to do large areas, something I discovered too, it is very difficult to get uniform coverage. You need to go up in size and get a small spraygun to do that, you can find them on ebay/Aliexpress.

Interesting heritage you have there, perhaps we should call you Frodo the Black.:lol:

As a youngster ,  being called a Black Douglas always confused the crap out of me

https://archive.org/details/johndouglasfamil00doug/page/n6/mode/1up

john Douglas blood line