Frodo

I dislike the damn Public!!

11 minutes ago, tsunkasapa said:

Of course it is. I icked u on that when he said he was '45 years old' as if that meant he was 'old'. Hell, I have concert T-shirts older than that.:rofl:

:lol:    :rofl:      :thumbsup:

Heck, I have tools on my bench older than that!!  

On taking a closer look at that saddlebag, the conchos on it probably cost more than $20!  :Holysheep:  Lovely piece of work!

The angriest I've ever been at a 'customer' was when i was selling off my mom's posessions at a yard sale. My mom's main joy in life was knitting and crocheting. I had this beautiful hand-crocheted Queen bedspread in a box inside the garage. I had not put it in the sale as I hadn't decided what to do with it. It was crocheted from rather fine thread, not yarn, and would have been a ton of work to make.

A woman came by in the afternoon, and noticed it, and asked me what I wanted for it. She was a knitter/craftsperson herself, so she had a good idea of how much work a piece that size would have taken. I told her I had no idea, and anyway, it wasn't really for sale.

She came back late in the day, just as I was ready to close up shop. Lowballers at yard sales routinely do this, hoping you'll be ready to GIVE your stuff away to get rid of it. 

She still wanted the bedspread. She offered me $20 for it! I had a very hard time being civil to her.

I have a black cat that sleeps on my bed. The spread was off-white, so not a good fit for me. I also have a beautiful hand-made quilt on my bed that was a wedding gift from an aunt, and really didn't want to replace it with the one my mom had crocheted. I also, regrettably, don't have any kids to pass things on to. 

I wound up giving the bedspread away to a cousin who had known my mom quite well. 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

On 2/24/2024 at 6:48 AM, Frodo said:

Some customers are great!  Happy, friendly really neat people to encounter

tben you have Mr McGrumpy and his beautiful wife Ms McGrumpy bitchy bitch and they Always have things one and two with them touching everything with little peanut butter fingers 

My prices are always inversely proportional to their attitude. The as***Le tax added can be very steep for the Mr&Mrs so they typically don't buy from me very often.