BianVariani

Belt Press Punch and Cutter

Achieve flawless hole punching, precise cutting of belt tops, and seamless cuts of oblongs and billet ends. Our system ensures rapid tool changes with unmatched precision, eliminating any concerns about alignment issues.

press-punch-cutter-leather-belts.png

The cutting plate integrates both a cutting surface and a tool guide. This innovative design features a built-in, spring-loaded bearing that consistently aligns the belt hole distance from the hole punch, guaranteeing perfect spacing with every use.

2 hours ago, BianVariani said:

The cutting plate integrates both a cutting surface and a tool guide. This innovative design features a built-in, spring-loaded bearing that consistently aligns the belt hole distance from the hole punch, guaranteeing perfect spacing with every use.

I see you do a lot of advertising here, especially the belt press. 

I you want to continue advertising, buy a Banner ad.  Contact @Johanna to make arrangements.

Advertising??? Where?? How?  I do not sell the Punch or Press? I am showcasing what I build and make.

These are my private and personal tools that I use in the belt making process.

But I do appreciate the incentive to advertise. Thanks for the data above!

Edited by BianVariani

Well, I must admit to being confused. Your post refers to "our system" and gives the impression you are manufacturing them. Your other recent post says you make tools for the fashion and leather industry.:dunno:

Whoever makes them they appear to be very nicely made.

Yes, I do indeed craft high-quality tools for both the fashion and leather industries. As a fashion designer and leather artisan, I produce high-end apparel and accessories under my own brand. My background in mechanical engineering enables me to design and manufacture on demand my own precision leather related tools from concept to final product.

Throughout my journey as a leather belt and buckle designer, I've encountered and overcome numerous challenges, refining my craft along the way. The leather belt press/punch/cutter tools I create are specifically designed to streamline the tool setup process, ensuring precise alignment in presses, punches, and cutters, and minimizing unnecessary tool changes. While I have not yet commercialized these tools, I am proud to share my knowledge and expertise with the public.

I welcome collaboration and constructive criticism to further enhance my workflow as a leather belt artisan. Having invested in top-tier industry tools from Landis to Omac, my objective was to create a precision tool that is portable, lightweight, and user-friendly—a goal that I have successfully achieved.

Precision BASE for the belt press/punch/cutter

base-for-belt-press.png

On 8/21/2024 at 2:30 AM, BianVariani said:

Advertising??? Where?? How?  I do not sell the Punch or Press? I am showcasing what I build and make.

These are my private and personal tools that I use in the belt making process.

But I do appreciate the incentive to advertise. Thanks for the data above!

If you don't sell them, why are you promoting them on this forum?  I too am confused.

Todd

I am showcasing  / showing off what I make. Maybe someone else may need help or advice that I can help with. Every post made does not have to be for sale?!?

It reads a lot like an advertisement—you know, the saying about a duck. If you want it to be evident you’re just showcasing a tool, you really gotta write your posts differently. 

Thank you for the above. If you google any one of my products and I have many, you will find out that I do not sell them or market them anywhere. My intentions are to network with like minded people in the leather industry.

What is your opinion on my leather punch? Do you find it an asset or a valuable tool for belt makers?

11 hours ago, BianVariani said:

While I have not yet commercialized these tools, I am proud to share my knowledge and expertise with the public.

16 minutes ago, BianVariani said:

What is your opinion on my leather punch? Do you find it an asset or a valuable tool for belt makers?

I did like the video ( https://variani.com/videos/belt-punch-and-cutter-machine.mp4 ) you did post under another topic about the press. The quality of the setup seems to be quite nice. I think this style of guide could be adapted for use with a standard hand press or modified for the less expensive drill press guides. I did like the self centering feature but the distance between the holes could be better refined as some might like the holes closer together while others farther apart depending on the use of the belt / strap. A belt to hold up your pants verses a gun belt.

I can see it being an asset but cost would be a major factor and it would be in competition with such items like pre made clicker press dies with the hole punches build in.

I do have to agree that when I did read your post I did think of it as an advertisement as some others had I would suggest that you really need to write your post slightly different as not to give the impression of it being an advertisement.

kgg

The belt hole distances I use are tailored to the belts I create. However, it's a valid suggestion to update the design to make the spring-loaded alignment bearing adjustable. The cutting plate, which incorporates this spring-loaded bearing, is interchangeable, allowing for different dies or cutting plates to be used as needed. The cutting plate itself functions as a die integrated into my manual hand press. Depending on the project, I use various custom-made dies and cutting plates designed specifically for the belts I produce.

One of my concerns with die-based punches that rely on a clicker press is the limitation imposed by the fixed design of the die. If the die components are welded together, you're restricted to that specific design. I needed a tool that allowed flexibility, where I could easily swap out cutting and punching tools in my manual hand press, which led to the development of my design.

My goal was to create a small, lightweight, and portable press/punch that is user-friendly and versatile enough to make belts on demand, whether I'm in a hotel room, at a trade show, or visiting a client. Clicker presses are often too heavy, bulky, and restrictive from a design standpoint. I wanted the freedom to create and adapt designs as needed, which my model allows.

While I own a range of clicker presses, from manual to hydraulic, and even high-end machines capable of punching belts at high speeds, none offer the on-demand design flexibility that my portable press does.

variani-belt.png

Please note that the self-centering guide is versatile and can be easily interchanged with other guides. For example, it can be replaced with guides designed for hot stamping, edge stitching, edge-painting, or precisely positioning holes in various offset locations.

As I travel across the country and visit retail locations that carry my products, a common request from people I meet is whether I can make them a belt right now. In the past, I had to decline due to the lack of tools on hand. However, I have now bridged that gap, allowing me to say "Yes, absolutely!" This innovation has made my process more flexible and versatile, enabling me to meet customer requests wherever I am.

base-for-belt-press.png

Edited by BianVariani

Over the past 10 years, I created all kinds of prototypes. This design went nowhere aside from using it as educational.

old-prototype.png

This is another design that was used as a learning experience.

another-older-design.thumb.png.5b626e9b5a6d1efd3392b7e6b856332b.png

This is an update to practicing on building manual press punches.

update-to-a-learning-experience.png

more old designs

more-old-designs.png

I use to use this manual Press for many years until I mastered my NEW design.

my-old-press.png

Well, if you're showing off, keep going! Pretty cool stuff.

But damn, lose the corporate speak. It's turning people off.