TroyS

Uncle Filthy's Road King Seat

Sorry I haven't been as active lately. We've been moving and getting settled in to our new place. But, that's a topic for a whole other conversation.

Here's my latest project... Whatcha think??

post-6344-029173400 1285775625_thumb.jpg

post-6344-072561800 1285775630_thumb.jpg

post-6344-016247400 1285775636_thumb.jpg

More pics....

post-6344-025768000 1285775812_thumb.jpg

post-6344-058822800 1285775817_thumb.jpg

post-6344-080893900 1285775822_thumb.jpg

Looks sweet Troy, I dig the skull trio you did on the sides, nice touch!

Chris

P.S. - my shop envy is high now. I'd kill for that amount of space dedicated to leather. ;)

HI Troy;

Nice photo's of you shop ,,,,bet you are enjoying the extra space ,good for you....the seat?? not a skull person myself , but I doooo like this one;; very nice Troy....what do you call the style of lacing you used ???it looks neat man ....

2 ata boy's and thanks for sharing .....Doc...

not really into skulls... but something that is excellently executed has to be complimented, and that truly is great looking, i love the shading in/around the eye sockets..... take care...

eric

well i like skulls and i really like your seat. Nice carving and lacing. I have shop envy as well...nice working space

Super looking seat Troy,great carving and lacing all around.Dave

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the kind words!

The braid is simply an APPLIQUE braid. The hardest part of the project was getting the leather to conform around all of the curves of the seat.

I'll post more pics of it on the bike once the customer gets it. He's in New York...

great job man another great one nice skulls turned out great

great job man another great one nice skulls turned out great

Thank ya Sir!

I'm another one who is not into skulls, although I've done my share of them, if you are going to do skulls the anatomically correct ones are the only way to go. These are nicely done, well carved and beautifully shaded. Well done indeed.

Dave Theobald

I'm another one who is not into skulls, although I've done my share of them, if you are going to do skulls the anatomically correct ones are the only way to go. These are nicely done, well carved and beautifully shaded. Well done indeed.

Dave Theobald

I like skulls, but they are a bit tedious when you want REAL looking results. But, the end results are pretty rewarding!

Thanks for the kudos Dave!

Looks great, I'm just finishing a seat that is a bit smaller than that and it was quite a long project, I can imagine that one took quite a while.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the kind words!

The braid is simply an APPLIQUE braid. The hardest part of the project was getting the leather to conform around all of the curves of the seat.

I'll post more pics of it on the bike once the customer gets it. He's in New York...

Very nice looking seat. I have a Road King and have been trying to decide what kind of cover to do for myself.

A couple of questions.

How do you form the leather around the curves? I'm thinking make the leather really wet??

What kind of finish or sealer did you use to protect from weather?

What weight is the leather?

BTW, I LIKE your skulls!

Looks great, I'm just finishing a seat that is a bit smaller than that and it was quite a long project, I can imagine that one took quite a while.

Thanks Billy! It took me longer than I expected. It was my first Road King seat...

Very nice looking seat. I have a Road King and have been trying to decide what kind of cover to do for myself.

A couple of questions.

How do you form the leather around the curves? I'm thinking make the leather really wet??

What kind of finish or sealer did you use to protect from weather?

What weight is the leather?

BTW, I LIKE your skulls!

Thanks Bobby!

I had to soak, stretch, mold, & dry several times to get the curves to lay right. It wasn't easy! The multiple opposing contours really made it a P.I.T.A. (Pain In The $#@) to get right, but it worked out after several sessions.

I sealed it with Tan-Kote to protect it from the weather...

The weight was about 5/6 oz and the skulls were fun to do!

If I can help you with your project, just let me know....

Edited by TroyS

I'm really liking this seat. real nice work, tight seems and perfect color. The skulls came out nice I especialy like the side trios. Thanks for the insperation!

I want to do a two-up seat for my rigid but the thought of making a mistake on a piece of leather that big makes me cry like a little girl. For now I'll stick with the few solos I made for it since the wife wont ride on the rigid, she'll only ride on the ultra.

Very nice...congratulats

a question that thick leather for use??

tool that uses around the skull ???

is this? Tandy E294-00 ?

Thanks

I'm really liking this seat. real nice work, tight seems and perfect color. The skulls came out nice I especialy like the side trios. Thanks for the insperation!

I want to do a two-up seat for my rigid but the thought of making a mistake on a piece of leather that big makes me cry like a little girl. For now I'll stick with the few solos I made for it since the wife wont ride on the rigid, she'll only ride on the ultra.

Thanks! I'm like you, the thought of screwing it up made me very nervous. But I just took my time, didn't rush it....

Very nice...congratulats

a question that thick leather for use??

tool that uses around the skull ???

is this? Tandy E294-00 ?

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comment! The leather is 5/6 oz and you're correct, the tool is Craft Tool E294-003

Great job! Cool to make some original bike seats too! Well done!

Great job! Cool to make some original bike seats too! Well done!

Thank You Sir!!

Excellent work Troy, just love the skulls and especially the details around the teeths on the big one, sweeeeet!!

Tom

Great Looking Seat Troy!!

Troy, nice job mate, i do like doing skulls (and Dragons LOL) i had same sort of problem with a LTD. Edition Soft Tail i had to glue the to seat foams to form one, and that was a right bitch to get the leather to conform to shape, but it played the game after a while, think i will try the lacing pattern out on a seat next time, it will make a change to basket weave and a lot faster, again nicework mate,

Regards, Steve