Think i've got my pattern down now for this size tank. My basket weave lacing is still to be improved. I can see one ooppsee right at the end, forgot to go under. :eusa_naughty: Used velcro in stead of a zipper. That worked great. It opens up more then i thought it would and more then the zipper one did. Huge plus cause these puppies are tight as a ........Anyway this one is going out as a gift next month to a close friends and one of my biggest fans ( no not Kevin King LOL ) Cause it's round i'll flood ya with pictures....

All-N-One , for those that just want to get the pain over with.

Clockwise around skipping the middle.

deadoakall01.jpg

The center section before and after dye or life and death i guess. Sorry for the crappy pic it was around midnight and lighting was sorry.

deadoakc.002.s.jpg

Now shot by shot or sometin....

doak01.jpg doak02.jpg

doak03.jpg doak04.jpg deado01.jpg

I took some pics as i dyed it. I'll have to crop and clean those up. It was the middle of the night when i dyed it and took pics..so....i'm not promising those pictures will be the greatest. But i'll see if i can show those that care a step by step.

post-158-1218736231_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736384_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736468_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736483_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736498_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736509_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218736531_thumb.jpg

SWEET!!!!!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Geez, you did a great job! Somebody's ride just improved in looks. Now they'll have to get bags to match!

Holy cow that is sweet looking. What kind of tank is that being put on? Is that an oil filter tank on a cycle?

Dan

The center section before and after dye or life and death i guess. Sorry for the crappy pic it was around midnight and lighting was sorry.

deadoakc.002.s.jpg

WOW-WOW-WOW!!! This came out great! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

(As a side note - your crappy pic is a whole lot better than my crappy pics! :P )

Crystal

another great creation

nicely done...love the skull/leaf combo :dance:

darryl

That's a very cool idea and awesome tooling. This is for a paintball air tank, right?

Smack down Gorgeous Freak:-)

I Love the combo leaf skulls...The leaves almost lookes like flames but the best of all, Simply adore the colors on this one :notworthy::clapping:

My only comment is " Freakin" Awesome.

Tom

Thank you all very, very much !!!!

That's a very cool idea and awesome tooling. This is for a paintball air tank, right?

Yes sir, it's a cover for a compressed air tank for a paintball gun.

At first i thought i bite off more then i could chew. This was a great project for me. I was told i'll never get the shape right for it to look right. It's a VERY snug fit . Now i gotta make another one just like it for myself and some grip covers. Think i'll just mirror the whole thing for mine.

Freak, that looks like quite the exquisite paintball gun tank cover. . . It's quite nicely done indeed. :thumbsup:

How exactly did you dye it?

Thanks for posting.

L'Bum

Edited by Leather Bum

WOW! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

What a combination and the color is great also.

Johnny

Freak, that looks like quite the exquisite paintball gun tank cover. . . It's quite nicely done indeed. :thumbsup:

How exactly did you dye it?

What gets me is how mad crazy some of this people spend thousands of dollars on paintball equipment . Oh it just make me laugh but anyway back to leather. Here's a few pics i took as i dyed it. This pics are pretty sorry, like i said it was midnite or after when i did this. I can't get a good pic with house lighting to save my...stuff that needs saving.

Ok first is the raw leather. If you forgot what that looks like, it looks like this

deadoakraw01s.jpg

Then i used a dauber to apply eco flo's "Range Tan" dye over the whole piece. One good coat.

The color is a little off in this pic but you get the idea here.

rangetan01.jpg

Then i used a brush to apply the eco flo's "Java Brown" dye. I did the whole outer edge giving it a border.

Then i did all the parts where the background tool was used . Also the eyes and any pear shading on the

skulls and around the skulls. Did some of the leaf tips and along all the leaf steams. As the brush would

dry i would brush around the edge more to the center and hit here and there . I do all this as many time as

it takes to get the look or darkness i want. Hard to see in the pics.

javabr.03.jpg

Then i did the same thing with eco flo's "Dk. Cocoa Brown" like i did with the "Java Brown". Except i don't

make the border quit as wide.

dkcocoabr01.jpg

Then buff the heck out of it. Seal it, i used eco flo's "Super Shene" . This is when it really blends together.

I'll buff it again and add at least one more coat of super shene.

doness01.jpg

Hope that made since . It's really pretty easy and i'm sure you could use a dauber for all the color. Just

use a brush in the little areas .

post-158-1218773161_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218773390_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218773770_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218774206_thumb.jpg

post-158-1218774421_thumb.jpg

Hey Freak,

Another really great project! The leaves and skulls go great together, who'd a thunk that (well, except for Froggy) The colors you used really tie it all together. Thanks for doing the step by step color demo. I think we need a lot more of those here. Coloring is tough for a lot of us and seeing how you did this should make it a little easier.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I've been dying to try out one of these antique, faded finishes. Thanks so much for posting the steps, Freak.

I've already got daubers, a small brush, and the three Eco-Flo colors you mentioned... I'll have to give it a whirl!

Hey Freak,

Another really great project! The leaves and skulls go great together, who'd a thunk that (well, except for Froggy) The colors you used really tie it all together. Thanks for doing the step by step color demo. I think we need a lot more of those here. Coloring is tough for a lot of us and seeing how you did this should make it a little easier.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Thanks Clay, It's not the best step by step but i think it will do. I think i'm going to be making alot of stuff with this style of coloring. It has nice appeal that i like. I guess i would call it a warm feeling.

I've been dying to try out one of these antique, faded finishes. Thanks so much for posting the steps, Freak.

I've already got daubers, a small brush, and the three Eco-Flo colors you mentioned... I'll have to give it a whirl!

Thanks !! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks, Freak, for that great coloring step-by-step. So you used a brush to shade everything? Wow, I've contemplated that method, but it seems quite time-consuming. Yours certainly looks excellent.

L'Bum

WOW DUDE!!!!

You surely outdone yourself this time!! It looks awesome and I just don't know how ou can ever separate from this one. Your buddy must a real....buddy!

Basketweaving looks great and I love the rounded bottom and bro, I don't need to tell you that I love skulls, do I??

Keep on rocking our world!

Tom

LB it's not that time consuming really when dealing with this style of dying. A little over the line here and there or darker here or there only adds to the aging look.

Tom loves my bottom !!!! :devil:

I love the rounded bottom

Tom

[/color][/size][/color][/size]

This puppy is so tight i've decided to add another piece of leather under the snap. I'm stitching a piece of leather over that piece of leather then putting the snap back on . THat way there's no chance of pulling the snap thru. It's not over tight but tight and i just want to stop any chance of it going bad.