Trox

New Dürkopp Adler 969 And 967 H Type Machines For X Heavy Work

As of price, I was just quoted €6,400 + shipping from Germany for a 969 Eco model with stand.

This being my first to posts here on this forum, Hello everyone. I have already learned alot from all the knowledge that is shared here :)

Welcome and thanks for sharing the price quote!

Singermania: Sorry for being late to the party but College-sewing has the 1000H needles in different sizes in stock.

Does anybody know what import duty CBP will charge on a US$ 7,500 machine like this from Sieck in Germany?

I found on a duty calculator web page that there is no duty on sewing machines, but unsure if this is true..

Weaver Leather has just got 2 969H Eco machines in. They are being set up for sale as of last week. The stand for the 205 had to be modified to accommodate this machine since the head weighs over 200 lbs.! Contact Allen at weaver. I believe the selling price is around $8,500.00US

glenn

Thanks, I will check it out. But so far it seams like they are $1000 more than Sieck..

But you don´t have the risk of receiving a damaged package from overseas or the risk of a lost overseas package when buying in the US. And you may have it much sooner when you are buying from Weaver. I´m sure Sieck will ship by boat and not Airmail. It of course is you decision but you have to ponder the risks.

It was a € 200 difference between air and ship freight from Germany (500/300).

Packed in fumingated cartons on a pallet. The risk of damage I would think is the same as shipping in USA.

Besides, it would have to be insured.

Kentharald,

When you add up the exchange, insurance, and shipping, I bet you are not saving much. Plus, you are in Ohio and could drive to Weaver to test the machine. I would if I was spending that kind of money. Up to you.

glenn

Thanks Glenn!

I did not realize they are in Ohio. Looks like a 2.5 hour drive from Dayton where I am.

Will go up there this weekend weather and time permitting :)

Please post a trip report (and a selfie with the machine of course) if you go to Weaver and actually see and touch one of these mystical machines. I've contemplated making the 3.5 hour trip myself just to see it in person, but current weather conditions make that impractical. I'm ready for a spring road trip to Mt. Hope.

I called them, they have two units. One in production, and the other in their showroom. No pricing yet (surprised me).

They are only open monday-friday, and to see it in production, I would have to be there before 2:30 pm.

This causes a little problem for me, as I work everyday, and was hoping to go there a weekend. But I will try, and I will get the picture and report out if I do.

Well, if I were a dealer and some one wants to spend a few thousands I´d leave the door open a few hrs longer and I´m sure they will when you ask. ;)

Well, if I were a dealer and some one wants to spend a few thousands I´d leave the door open a few hrs longer and I´m sure they will when you ask. ;)

You don't know the Amish. It is what it is.

Wiz is right.I've delivered machines to them & made the mistake of getting there @ lunchtime,they make you wait till they are done eating before they will talk to you.

So I made the 3 hour drive up there yesterday, still weak with flu.

They have two units, one Classic in the production line, and a Eco getting ready for the showroom.

The Clasic will replace their Randall Lockstich machines that is very time consuming to keep running. Each individual Lockstich has its own personality, and every part has to be bent and polished and cared for to fit those temperamentful machines.

Both DA units had something that may require warranty service. The Classic unit had a problem where the bobbin motor would stop engaging. They said this was due to a rubber gasket or seal that was not attaching properly.

The Eco had a malfunctioning single stich rotary wheel. It did not work at all, and they were unsure of the cause.

The staff at Weaver was extreemely helpful, going out of their way to show me everything there. Not feeling good, I had to decline the offer for a tour around their nylon production floor.

The machine is a BEAST. It is huge. An old 205-370 laying next to it on the floor looked like a wimp compared to the 969.

Pricing still not final, but it was mentioned 11K and 9K for the Classic/Eco respectively.

post-58715-0-82472200-1424985486_thumb.j

Doesn't do much for my faith in genuine new Adler machines it is almost 2 years since this post started you would think in that time they would be able to make a machine that works.

I think with anything new, you do not get all the ins and outs straightened out before the product has been abused by the general consumer for a while. Good support will make or brake, and my understanding is that DA gives Weaver excellent support and immediately rectifies issues. The bobbin motor mentioned was in the mail already, and DA had positively responded with making some new pressure feet on the request of Weaver as well.

I did not mention this, but the table is made by Weaver, and was really sturdy and looked like a quality piece.

Hi Kent Harald, I think Weaver would be a good place to buy this machine, good support is priceless on such new(heavy electronic) product.

If this is going to be DA`s new saddler machine for the next 45 years, like the 205 has been; then they going to make sure every thing is proven alright before they release it. These people are Germans and will not release something that do not work properly, you can rest assure about that.

Yes the Weaver machine stands look much better made than average, But I think European stands are better and more modern built. However, US table tops made of plywood are then again much better than the European tablespoon ones.

You will need the support in the beginning, when your back in Norway you probably know the machine well already. And to get a leg in with those Weaver guys can be a valuable thing later, they have allot of nice tools and machine not available back home.

Tor

Now I'm curious what a European "tablespoon" table looks like. I've always felt a little jealous of the nicely engineered tables with fold-away options that are available to european buyers. Even the DA promo video for the flatbed 967 shows a super nice, thick plywood table the 0:22 mark in the video. I took apart and re-finished my Adler 205 stand that was made by Weaver some twenty years ago. While the welded metal parts are super strong and confidence inducing, the tabletop itself was an unworthy laminated particle board affair that I replaced with a butcher block piece of wood.

Thanks for posting the little trip report and the photo - it does give a good sense of scale!

I do hope that the Weaver people will be up to the task of supporting this piece of modern machinery, although I don't mentally put the Amish together with modern, computer controlled high-tech equipment. I'm surprised they allow electricity.

But having somewhat local (i.e. "on this continent") support is important for this type machine. Overseas phone support can only do so much and it's not like you can just quickly mail this behemoth to a service center to have it looked at.

I can't imagine why I would ever need one of these monsters, but they sure do look awesome... :notworthy:

I had my first two sightings of a Durkopp Adler 969-ECO for sale in the wild this week, both run $12,650 - ouch!

One is on Ebay and the other on the Weaver leather website.

Seems you have to sew a huge lot of walltes, bags and holsters until it pays off.

And nerver forget to update the OS when Adler wants you to do that. Does it still need oil?

Siri - Thread This Machine

Siri - Wind This Bobbin

Siri - Sew This Bag 10 Times :dance:

When ECO costs 12.650 how much will be the DeLuxe variant? :rofl:

Edited by Constabulary

Siri - Thread This Machine

Siri - Wind This Bobbin

Siri - Sew This Bag 10 Times :dance:

the future is here!

It's kind of funny a machine that nobody seems to own is creating so much buzz! I think they are going to unveil the full blown version, with all of the parts gold plated!