Ok Tom- This is what I have for that model:

ServoDual2.jpg

ServoDual2.jpg.999a46a4497a87a61ee9a26ac

On 3/21/2016 at 11:02 AM, shoepatcher said:

the Honey colored one which is the 1245-706/47 is like mine. It is the newer machine. It is a lot like mine. Both machines are big bobbin. If it was a smaller "G" bobbin, would be a 145 or 245. The hammer tone machine is a C-class machine, L means for sewing leather, P means 4 motion drop feed, M means safety clutch, N means 6 mm maximum stitch length. I would assume the honey colored one is the same. These machines may use a system #190 needle. Mine does. You can also set them up with #134-45 needles or even 135x17 needles. These are very good German made machines. All my years of experience has shown that anytime Pfaff and Adler made a machine in the same class, the Pfaff is usually smoother running. I know Joe Esposito will agree with me on that., i.e. Pfaff 1245 vs. Adler 267 for instance.

The hammer tone 1245 needs a good cleaning especially around the hook and bobbin case. I can see lint and dirt under the bobbin case gibs. The honey colored one may need it as well. All in all, a very good find If it was me, I would buy the honey colored one only because it is newer. Both seem to be very good machine and in good condition. Hell, buy both of them and sell one! Email if you have anymore questions.

glenn

Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between the Phaff model  1245-706/47

and the model 1245-706/48

Thanks so much in advance to anyone answering my question.   Horace

I have not been able to find out what the difference is other than the 706/48 is older.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
wrong content