TomSwede

Raven in sunset, bracer...what else;-)

I sometimes complain about only get to make bracers and this one is a surprisegift so I got free hands totally with it but she said along time ago she'd like a raven bracer from me so raven bracer it is.

Strong symbolics in this one too but very subtile and I won't explain it either but the motif is very well thought through.

Bracer is female version of my archer bracer pattern posted in appropriate section and will mount on right arm, the raven is faced so that it is turned towards body and not flying away from it. Something I picked up from tattooartists.

I let one of the sunbeams pass out over the border, not sure this was the right decision but it's done now anyway.

The colour of the sun is just that same old orange mix that I posted as "fun with orange" in dyes section. Painted it on in several layers until I got the tone i wanted, eveningsun.

Sealed with two coats of leathersheen and then antiqued with Tandys old mahogany.

Critics welcome!

IMG_8346_01.jpg

IMG_8359_01.jpg

IMG_8361_01.jpg

IMG_8362_01.jpg

IMG_8363_01.jpg

post-5146-1231108682_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1231108693_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1231108703_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1231108715_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1231108726_thumb.jpg

looks quite nice indeedy tom!!...the whole theme/look/color kicks butt on it...well put together mate!!...and i dig how ya over ran the border in that spot, adds an open flow to it...imo it was a good decision ;0)

darryl :cheers:

p.s...send my shoes back ;0) :deadsubject:

Great carving Tom even though I am not a bracer guy you did great job top notch.

Josh

Tom.........wow........just WOW

looks quite nice indeedy tom!!...the whole theme/look/color kicks butt on it...well put together mate!!...and i dig how ya over ran the border in that spot, adds an open flow to it...imo it was a good decision ;0)

darryl :cheers:

p.s...send my shoes back ;0) :deadsubject:

Thanks Darryl!!

Glad to hear the sun over boarder was appreciated!!

Shoes are on their way, I added comfy lining to them!

Great carving Tom even though I am not a bracer guy you did great job top notch.

Josh

Thanks Josh!

Yeah this one is more of a canvas for carving to me, bracer is just the form and nice to play with the borders abit too.

Tom.........wow........just WOW

Tim...Thanks.....just thanks;-!!!!!!!!!

She is going to really like that Tom!! You did a great job!

Thank you Brad!!!

I think she will like it too.

I sometimes complain about only get to make bracers and this one is a surprisegift so I got free hands totally with it but she said along time ago she'd like a raven bracer from me so raven bracer it is.

Strong symbolics in this one too but very subtile and I won't explain it either but the motif is very well thought through.

Bracer is female version of my archer bracer pattern posted in appropriate section and will mount on right arm, the raven is faced so that it is turned towards body and not flying away from it. Something I picked up from tattooartists.

I let one of the sunbeams pass out over the border, not sure this was the right decision but it's done now anyway.

The colour of the sun is just that same old orange mix that I posted as "fun with orange" in dyes section. Painted it on in several layers until I got the tone i wanted, eveningsun.

Sealed with two coats of leathersheen and then antiqued with Tandys old mahogany.

Critics welcome!

Tom,

Nice job! I like the borderless feel you get with the ray of sunlight! I also like the feathers, are those for earings?

Can we get into Sweden for holiday without a pair of bracers? LOL !! :evillaugh:

Nice job Tom, your work rocks!

Rick Jorgenson

Tom,

Nice job! I like the borderless feel you get with the ray of sunlight! I also like the feathers, are those for earings?

Can we get into Sweden for holiday without a pair of bracers? LOL !! :evillaugh:

Nice job Tom, your work rocks!

Rick Jorgenson

Thank you Rick!!!

Glad to hear another positive comment on the sunray, seems like it was a good choice after all!

Nah, I'll never let you leave without at least one pair;-) I'll get you a beer too :cheers:

Tom

Tom

Thank you Rick!!!

Glad to hear another positive comment on the sunray, seems like it was a good choice after all!

Nah, I'll never let you leave without at least one pair;-) I'll get you a beer too :cheers:

Tom

Tom

Beer? Did some one say Beer?

Nice Bracer, I see now what you were talking about ( set Bracer and Earings).

:thumbsup:

Who said beer ??!! Beer !!

Looks great mang. LOve those colors and the design.

This is beautiful bro. I love the colors of this piece. Wow... Keep it up... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I agree with the rest on the sunrays, good move. The different shades and shapes within the orange really add depth and warmth to the overall effect.

Your work is always amazing to look at!

Beer? Did some one say Beer?

Nice Bracer, I see now what you were talking about ( set Bracer and Earings).

:thumbsup:

Thanks Greybeard!!!

Owe you a beer too!

Yeah, going downtown today to see if I can find the hardware for the earrings!

Who said beer ??!! Beer !!

Looks great mang. LOve those colors and the design.

Thanks Freak!!

Owe you a beer aswell, just swing by and you'll get it;-)

This is beautiful bro. I love the colors of this piece. Wow... Keep it up... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks Spiderbro!!

I was not sure that I'd get the right colour when I starten but it worked the way I wanted it. Just so darn lucky that I have experimented with the orange while.

I agree with the rest on the sunrays, good move. The different shades and shapes within the orange really add depth and warmth to the overall effect.

Thanks DaveD!!

Good words about the sunray, glad I did it now!

Your work is always amazing to look at!

Thank you DarkDreams!!

:cheers:

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Hi Tom,

as always...your work is wonderfully rich in detail and craftsmanship.

and i really appreciate how much symbolism you put into your art.

these are the feelings this bracer call to my mind:

with every sunset in life...there is always a ray of hope.

hope that tomorrow's sunrise will bring a new beginning. and what a wonderful watchful raven...(it almost looks as if she is smiling) with rays of hope (and healing) beneath her wings.

thank you for sharing this piece,

ken

Hi Tom,

as always...your work is wonderfully rich in detail and craftsmanship.

and i really appreciate how much symbolism you put into your art.

these are the feelings this bracer call to my mind:

with every sunset in life...there is always a ray of hope.

hope that tomorrow's sunrise will bring a new beginning. and what a wonderful watchful raven...(it almost looks as if she is smiling) with rays of hope (and healing) beneath her wings.

thank you for sharing this piece,

ken

Thank you Ken!!!

Nice interpretation! One reason I didn't give away the symbolism was to leave it open for suggestion and second, it is private but who knows, one day I might look up this thread and give my vision behind it away.

Tom

Critics welcome!

So now I see what you did with them itty, bitty tiny feather of yours:-) As a huge lover of the Raven (as a living bird) I love these bracers...I wish I could have a look IRL :You_Rock_Emoticon: Lil'Bro

Thank You Sis!

I got the rings fitted to them feathers now but as usual in Sweden. Couldn't find the type of ring I wanted;-)

Ravens are very beautiful!!!

Tom

WOW! I love the design and the colors look amazing! One of my favorites of many that you have posted!

WOW! I love the design and the colors look amazing! One of my favorites of many that you have posted!

Thank you Nick!!

I'm very happy with the colour wich I was not sure would turn out right from the start. I applied it with a brush in many layers and then hoped it would look right when antiquing came on.

I wonder now how many bracers I have posted, 10-20 perhaps in a year and 2 months!

Tom

Sawasdee [ hello ] from THAILAND

Nice job Tom :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Sawasdee tcthipyuth!!

Thank you very much!!!!

Tom

Nice job, Tom. You've got a really unique look and color there. I'm sure your recipient will be very pleased!

-Alex

Nice work Tom I really like this project and those earrings are Killer.

Nice job, Tom. You've got a really unique look and color there. I'm sure your recipient will be very pleased!

-Alex

Thank you Alex!!

I sure hope so!!

Nice work Tom I really like this project and those earrings are Killer.

Thank you Sasqutch!!

I set up a pic of the finished ones, here goes:

IMG_8375_01.jpg

post-5146-1231279918_thumb.jpg