Bolt Vanderhuge

Some more holsters and some more and some more......

I wanted to share a few recent holsters I have built. So here I go to start yet another thread showing my work. Only this will be the last new thread I will start for showing my holsters. Instead I will just continue to add them here to this thread. Some holsters are or will be my personal holsters and some will be ones that I have built to sell.

I welcome comments, critiques, and suggestions. General discussion is welcome too.

Edited by Bolt Vanderhuge

Frist up is a 1911 commander pancake holster with matching mag pouch. The color is dark chocolate brown but looks black in the pics. The accent is done in Cape Buffalo.

4.25%20ch%20c25%20set_zpswwzjadku.jpg

This is another 1911 commander pancake but in black with Shark accent.

4.25%20black%20pc%20c25%20v2_zps9fwemdic

This is one I am currently building. This was right after molding. I still have to dye it and finish the edges but I like that the detail can really be seen in the pic  so I thought I would share it now. It is an officer size 1911 pancake.

officer%20pc%20c25%20in%20progress%20fro

I know I have posted this one before but hey I like it a lot.

OSnap%20front%20dw_zpskyjfqzej.jpg

Awesome.

some older holsters

Officer IWB with Shark

Holster%20officer%20IWB_zpswyzf33uz.jpg

Officer 30* hidden belt slot pancake in Cape Buffalo on the left and Sig P938 30* snap on with Elephant

20151224_223104-1_zpspvipghyv.jpg

Sig P938 hidden belt slot pancake full Shark

holster%20938%20shark%20fr_zpsmomb5kx0.j

Three of my first 5 holsters.

Holsterand1911trio_zps482cad54.jpg

Hi Bolt

Really nice holsters. Just one question, where did you find the screws to attach your snaps, I have been searching the web far a wide for screws like that for some of my knife sheath projects.

Regards Forester

2 hours ago, Forester said:

Hi Bolt

Really nice holsters. Just one question, where did you find the screws to attach your snaps, I have been searching the web far a wide for screws like that for some of my knife sheath projects.

Regards Forester

Knifekits.com aka holstersmith.com. They have them in several lengths and they sell them in black zinc and black oxide. They also have rubber washers that work great if you need spacers. 

Hi Bolt

Thanks for the Information.

Cheers Forester

what did you work the edges with?

Really nice work. Edges are top notch. Nice use of exotics.

Thank you. Edges are somethng I value in finished leather goods. So I put the effort in to try to make mine to be something I would want if I was buying it in a finished state. They have not all been winners though.

nice color!

1 hour ago, carguy4471 said:

Can I ask what leather you are using??

These were made with Hermann Oak's craftsman grade. They are dyed with Fiebing's Pro Oil dyes. I have some B grade being delivered today. I wish I used enough leather or new others to go in with to order direct from Hermann Oak and try some of their A grade. But for now the B grade will have to do.

what thickness? and how long do you wet it for?

2 hours ago, OLDNSLOW said:

what thickness? and how long do you wet it for?

I am using 8/9 oz. I use a spray bottle and spray just spray the surface enough that I get water on all of it with a little bit more on the gun pocket than on the wings. Then after a few seconds I use my fingers to open the holster a bit and spray the inside. After that I will put my makers stamp on it and then make the detail lines at the muzzle and the sweat guard. These things only take a few minutes so I usually hav to wait a bit longer for the leather to return to a lighter color before doing the actual molding.  

Great work and has been said those are some fine edges and finishes.

Here is another trio of 3.5" 1911 holsters. I tried some new ideas with these 3. For one I did a full exotic front but used 2 different exotics, Cape Buffalo above Shark. The other 2 are cut from the same Ostrich leg. One full coverage front and the other with the upper left pattern from the cape shark holster. I also have not left one natural in color before. I like the look of that one and am repeating it for a 4.25" holster but with Hippo hide.

_DSC0970_zpsesv6xbqs.jpg

The Cape Shark.

Cape Buffalo on top and Shark below. Brown stitching, black back and smooth lined natural color inside.

_DSC0980_zpseongrerm.jpg

_DSC0971_zpsp1jhnqec.jpg

The full Ostrich.

Full faced brown Ostrich leg. Chocolate brown back, black edges, black stitching and natural color smooth lined inside.

_DSC0963_zps9kdvpvrk.jpg

_DSC0967_zpsmpawtpel.jpg

The natural Ostrich.

Natural leather, brown Ostrich accent panel, black edges, and black stitching.

_DSC0979_zpsndfz2elj.jpg

_DSC0972_zps0rruqpxm.jpg

Very nice work!

You do lovely work! How many holsters do you make in a month anyways? :)