IvoryCreek

Supplier for Solid Brass Hardware

Recommended Posts

Anybody know where to buy solid brass hardware (in the U.S.) with finish like this (not antique)? 

O-, D- rings, swivels, etc.

I'm checked out Weaver, Tandy, and Buckle Guy, but i'm especially drawn to those flat ones, look really high end to me.

thanks!

Screenshot at Feb 24 17-36-45.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buckleguy -one of the best hardware manufacturers i've seen.
check on their website catalog - different finishes, sizes - superior quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Buckleguy do have both good sortiment and a wide range of hardware to a fantastic price, I'm not too sure they are manufacturing their hardware themself. The hardware are identical to other suppliers from Taiwan and China and I have written and asked them several times where there hardware is made (as I want to be able to tell my customers) but without any answer. I emailed them, asked them on social media, called but got disconnected! Twice!. A bit suspicious. Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind stuff from Asia. Good quality is good quality. It is just that so many seem to assume that Buckleguy is 'made in the USA', but when asked for it they remain silent. Not very transparent. At least Hardware Elf tells you where they source their hardware from, and several of their stock is identical to Buckleguys...

Edited by ConradPark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try here, . . . I've used them several times, . . . great people to deal with.  I don't know about international shipping, etc, . . . but you will most likely be able to get just about anything you want from them.

https://ohiotravelbag.com/

May God bless,

Dwight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elf Hardware is the retail arm of Ohio Travel Bag...according to the OTB website. FWIW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all. yea Ohio Travel Bag's hardware section is identical to Elf Hardware's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although Buckle Guy does in fact receive his stuff from overseas, I put all of my hardware orders through him as everything (regardless of finish) is solid brass and of much better quality than any of the other sources (to include OTB, which I do use for other things).  Buckle Guy also is a supplier of Tiger Thread (for those of you who care) that can be purchased in larger quantities than the more traditional sources (tired of those stupid little "dowel" spools, BG actually has it in bulk).  Highly recommend Buckle Guy if you want to have quality and he also does offer quantity discounts.  Shipping is fast too and spot on with order fulfillment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey NVLeatherworx, have you ever purchased leather from them like their French tooling sides? They look too cheap to be legit? 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I guess that price isn't too far off. About $8 per square foot though that seems a little cheap for premium french imported leathers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sceaden said:

Hey NVLeatherworx, have you ever purchased leather from them like their French tooling sides? They look too cheap to be legit? 

Thanks!

I haven't; I get all of my leather from Hide House.  He just started carrying the hides recently so I am not sure how well it is going for him with those.  I have been working with Hide House for over 5 years now and really don't see myself going to someone else (unless they were to close shop of course but that doesn't seem to likely in this Century).  If he puts his attention to the quality into the leather as he does into the hardware then I would think that they would be pretty darn nice; I know the one's I get from Hide House are very clean and take all of the work and dyes beautifully.  For me they are just over the hill from here (literally about a 4 hour drive for me; kind of make a day trip out of it as they let me come into the warehouse and pick my own).  For you, Buckle Guy is much closer so your shipping would be much less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again! I just realized The Buckle Guy beats every price I have seen for Fiebings Pro Dye and that is without wholesale pricing. $5 for a 4 oz is my kind of price. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2017 at 2:16 AM, ConradPark said:

While Buckleguy do have both good sortiment and a wide range of hardware to a fantastic price, I'm not too sure they are manufacturing their hardware themself. The hardware are identical to other suppliers from Taiwan and China and I have written and asked them several times where there hardware is made (as I want to be able to tell my customers) but without any answer. I emailed them, asked them on social media, called but got disconnected! Twice!. A bit suspicious. Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind stuff from Asia. Good quality is good quality. It is just that so many seem to assume that Buckleguy is 'made in the USA', but when asked for it they remain silent. Not very transparent. At least Hardware Elf tells you where they source their hardware from, and several of their stock is identical to Buckleguys...

oh

i was suspicious at my first order, but made research, and found out that production takes place in china. all that gone when i touched the hardware.
now, each time looking for some hardware, i go to their website.

let me be clean - i'm not working for them. just trying to be honest.

smth went wrong in your case  - they don't hide that production is overseas. 
many US brands does held their factories out of country ;)

On 2/26/2017 at 11:47 PM, NVLeatherWorx said:

Although Buckle Guy does in fact receive his stuff from overseas, I put all of my hardware orders through him as everything (regardless of finish) is solid brass and of much better quality than any of the other sources (to include OTB, which I do use for other things).  Buckle Guy also is a supplier of Tiger Thread (for those of you who care) that can be purchased in larger quantities than the more traditional sources (tired of those stupid little "dowel" spools, BG actually has it in bulk).  Highly recommend Buckle Guy if you want to have quality and he also does offer quantity discounts.  Shipping is fast too and spot on with order fulfillment. 

exactly.

not 'also' offers - always offer. that' the thing ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now