alpha2

black bridle belt, Beetroot Red stitching

I had posted this in another thread, but thought you might like to see what Beetroot Red Tiger thread looks like on a black bridle belt. I like it. I kinda wished I'd had some 1.0mm for this, but in the end, the .80 looks pretty good too.

blackbelt.JPG

Nice contrast! And I think the 0.8mm works well 

I think it looks great @alpha2. Is it lined?

4 hours ago, battlemunky said:

I think it looks great @alpha2. Is it lined?

Thats what I was thinking!  A lot of stitching for a single layer belt if it isn't!  But I do like it.  Black leather really allows you to show off a lot of different colors of thread if your customers are willing.

YinTx

Beautiful colour contrast.

What size stitching irons did you use? I see you changed sizes for the belts loop?

Looks sharp and that is very fine looking stitching.

thanks, guys!

It isn't lined. The thickness of the leather I got from nstarleather was just right as is. I actually like to stitch, and really was going for the added color and overall look. The leather was black both front and back, so I just buffed it up and after bevelling and wet-burnishing, dyed the edges, burnished again and used beeswax for the final burnish. A bit of final buffing edges with a piece of canvas for a little more gloss. 

I used a craftool 88045-04 3mm chisel for the edges (5spi) and the craftool pro 88057-04 3.5mm (7spi) for the keeper. I was trying to figure out what to use to hold the keeper for stitching, as it's just too narrow to use the stitching clamp, finally decided on an actual handclamp! I wouldn't want to do an entire belt that way, but for something small it was fine. I'm thinking of making a very small stitching clamp for stuff like this. I seem to do a lot of belts with keepers.

5 hours ago, alpha2 said:

thanks, guys!

It isn't lined. The thickness of the leather I got from nstarleather was just right as is. I actually like to stitch, and really was going for the added color and overall look. The leather was black both front and back, so I just buffed it up and after bevelling and wet-burnishing, dyed the edges, burnished again and used beeswax for the final burnish. A bit of final buffing edges with a piece of canvas for a little more gloss. 

I used a craftool 88045-04 3mm chisel for the edges (5spi) and the craftool pro 88057-04 3.5mm (7spi) for the keeper. I was trying to figure out what to use to hold the keeper for stitching, as it's just too narrow to use the stitching clamp, finally decided on an actual handclamp! I wouldn't want to do an entire belt that way, but for something small it was fine. I'm thinking of making a very small stitching clamp for stuff like this. I seem to do a lot of belts with keepers.

You can buy a special belt keep clamp that fits into a regular stitching clam. Leprevo in Uk sells them but I’m sure someone sells them in the states. I first saw it in a video by uksaddlery. Look at 18:00 for clamp.

I do remember seeing that before. Heck, I can make one in no time. More stuff to do this week on vacation (or "holiday")!