After the bag, decided to make something small in the name of instant gratification :rolleyes:.  Made a narrow ‘double tour’ bracelet, with:

• some scrap glazed croc from @Lee05 (thanks!)
  • some great HAAS calf in smooth black from @nstarleather (beautiful quality as always)
  • a handy dose of croc-working advice from @RockyAussie (I interfaced the back like you suggested, and cut oversize then trimmed down....)
  • hardware from @buckleguy - used a handbag foot 
  • stitched with 0.6mm beige Tiger thread, using 3.0mm KS stitching irons (would’ve used Lin Cable but only have it in black....sooooo expensive per reel lol)

8202F9FD-2021-47C2-960E-8F4FE26D29F5.jpeg

25BEDC87-3AFB-41A7-8F22-6BFF4FEAFDB6.jpeg

Tale of a tail ..... Looks very well done. Would like to see the clip better. With the edge coat it can stick to itself in hot weather if left in prolonged contact. I found it best to give a good wax polish when finished after a days drying time. Brian

Whoa! Not sure I want a croc wrapped around my wrist! 

Oh, it's a bracelet...never mind. Nice work. Handbag foot is a nice touch. I really need to get some croc or 'gator. Looks GREAT on holsters! And belts. And, well just about anything.

3 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Tale of a tail ..... Looks very well done. Would like to see the clip better. With the edge coat it can stick to itself in hot weather if left in prolonged contact. I found it best to give a good wax polish when finished after a days drying time. Brian

Ha! And no pun intended :) . Thanks! Great advice on the edge coat, will add some wax (although hot weather is something I can only dream about as we head into December here in Philly lol).  I’ve added a photo of the clip below - it is literally just a silver sew on garment snap I had laying around the house.

What I really wanted is in the second photo below (Hermes bracelet); a rectangular spring gate Turns out they’re a little hard to find (for me at least). Tracked down something similar in silver from Rio Grande, but I don’t think it has a large enough clearance on the gate. Would love any insights on where else to look (tried the usual Ohio Bag and Buckleguy).

0182B816-435A-48F6-B97A-F14348C739BF.jpeg

FD7DDF31-6CDF-45DB-A17E-8A1EA97CC139.jpeg

2 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Whoa! Not sure I want a croc wrapped around my wrist! 

Oh, it's a bracelet...never mind. Nice work. Handbag foot is a nice touch. I really need to get some croc or 'gator. Looks GREAT on holsters! And belts. And, well just about anything.

Yep, would probably be the last thing you ever wrapped around your wrist, ‘specially if it was a saltie :yes:

thanks! Was going to use some pyramid rivets, but turned out I would have had to quadruple my bracelet before it was thick enough for the rivet back, so I went rummaging through my hardware box...which mysteriously seems to be getting stuff added to faster than it gets used....

Right there with you, used well, I think it looks great on so many things!

6 hours ago, motocouture said:

Yep, would probably be the last thing you ever wrapped around your wrist, ‘specially if it was a saltie :yes:

thanks! Was going to use some pyramid rivets, but turned out I would have had to quadruple my bracelet before it was thick enough for the rivet back, so I went rummaging through my hardware box...which mysteriously seems to be getting stuff added to faster than it gets used....

Right there with you, used well, I think it looks great on so many things!

Come on now ....you know I'd look so good on you ....:censored2:

image04616.jpg

6 hours ago, motocouture said:

Ha! And no pun intended :) . Thanks! Great advice on the edge coat, will add some wax (although hot weather is something I can only dream about as we head into December here in Philly lol).  I’ve added a photo of the clip below - it is literally just a silver sew on garment snap I had laying around the house.

What I really wanted is in the second photo below (Hermes bracelet); a rectangular spring gate Turns out they’re a little hard to find (for me at least). Tracked down something similar in silver from Rio Grande, but I don’t think it has a large enough clearance on the gate. Would love any insights on where else to look (tried the usual Ohio Bag and Buckleguy).

0182B816-435A-48F6-B97A-F14348C739BF.jpeg

FD7DDF31-6CDF-45DB-A17E-8A1EA97CC139.jpeg

Would love to be able to help on that ....quite like it myself. If I find it I will let you know. I would have thought Ohio Travel would have had something close. Oh and thanks for the pics on the snaps.... just shows ya where there's the will there is always a way. :rockon:

I like the idea of a croc bracelet, but I gotta ask, how do you get the croc to wear it? :rolleyes:

Tell him he'll look a real "snappy" dresser in it ?

sorry

Edited by mikesc

That's lovely, using the crocodilians hide. ;-)

I live in Alberta Canada, and have no idea where alligator or crocodile skin can be purchased up here. 

If I did, I would make it a priority.  Haha

Chas

3 hours ago, ChasCS said:

That's lovely, using the crocodilians hide. ;-)

I live in Alberta Canada, and have no idea where alligator or crocodile skin can be purchased up here. 

If I did, I would make it a priority.  Haha

Chas

While, I guess I spoke too soon. 

I see in the December Tandy Leather flier, there will be a special purchase, of Crocodile Back Strips, Assorted Colors.

"These are ridged back strips from genuine crocodile. Use your creativity to custom make unique articles like belts, wrist cuffs, hatbands and more, or use for accents on projects such as guitar straps, purses, binders and more. Strips average 55" X 3-1/2" (1.4 m X 88.9 mm) at their widest point. Save up to 50%.

I will have to make sure I get one. ;-)

Chas

On 11/28/2017 at 5:33 AM, RockyAussie said:

Would love to be able to help on that ....quite like it myself. If I find it I will let you know. I would have thought Ohio Travel would have had something close. Oh and thanks for the pics on the snaps.... just shows ya where there's the will there is always a way. :rockon:

Great, thank you! Likewise, will let you know if I track it down. Love the croc shot!

On 11/28/2017 at 8:21 AM, Rockoboy said:

I like the idea of a croc bracelet, but I gotta ask, how do you get the croc to wear it? :rolleyes:

Very carefully, from a distance?? while your mate asks the croc?

On 11/28/2017 at 8:48 AM, mikesc said:

Tell him he'll look a real "snappy" dresser in it ?

sorry

Ba-boom tching :yeah:

On 11/28/2017 at 7:15 PM, ChasCS said:

While, I guess I spoke too soon. 

I see in the December Tandy Leather flier, there will be a special purchase, of Crocodile Back Strips, Assorted Colors.

"These are ridged back strips from genuine crocodile. Use your creativity to custom make unique articles like belts, wrist cuffs, hatbands and more, or use for accents on projects such as guitar straps, purses, binders and more. Strips average 55" X 3-1/2" (1.4 m X 88.9 mm) at their widest point. Save up to 50%.

I will have to make sure I get one. ;-)

Chas

Perfect timing!!

Yes, isn't that? Funny how that goes sometimes. Just when we were ready to fly the white flag..

i look torward to sporting some new crocodile accessories, in the new year. Haha

Chas

On 11/28/2017 at 11:33 AM, RockyAussie said:

Hermès make their own hardware, or has it made. But you could probably find something like it from some Italian hardware company.

18 hours ago, robs456 said:

Hermès make their own hardware, or has it made. But you could probably find something like it from some Italian hardware company.

Thanks for the info! Will try focusing my search there...