WoodysWorkshop

RFID Material for Wallets and Bags

I have a few idea's for wallets I would like to do. With all the season's adds running, RFID protected products seams to be a big one.

Does anyone know what this RFDI material is? Or where it can be bought...inexpensively?

I would think our Leather Suppliers would be all over this, adding it to their kits.

WHEN I WORK IN THE ORTHOTIC AND PROSTHETIC IND. we worked with a lot of different plastics. low density polyethylene cuts with scissors and i come as thin 1/16  the thicker you can score with a razor knife and break off like drywall . the co-polys are more brittle and you high density  and ultra hd get spendy. but what your asking might be just a poly vinyl       if you live near a plastic dis. go and ask for a sheet of what  they lay down first on the pallet. 

Aluminum foil, or tape, also metal screen will block RF signals.  Easy to lay foil tape between layers without adding a lot of bulk.  Needs to be on both sides of the cards.

Tom

The Tandy stuff is like a sheet of paper that you cut up with scissors and place anywhere in your project, I don't recall the price it was something like $10.00 for a 8.5 x 11 package of a few pages worth.

Go to lessemf dot com 

they sell EMF shielding products, including iron on and the like,  they sell fabrics for lining that block EMF

And Hobby Lobby used to sell a copper mesh that blocks RF.  Don't know if they still do, but likely.