Latest holster. I didn't have anything that would work for the snap attachment to the holster. I ended up grinding down the heads on the Chicago screws to fit into the male part of the snaps. 

LCPiwbback.jpg

LCPiwbbelt.jpg

LCPiwbfront.jpg

That’s a nice looking holster Alpha - clean design and no frills!  Looks like it is not lined?

Gary

Great job.

Thanks, guys. Yes it's a Chicago screw. I couldn't find anything else I had that was the right length, that I thought would be strong enough. I had to grind down the screw portion of the head so it would fit into the snap itself. It worked great, though.

It's not lined. I try to keep the IWB holsters as thin as possible. I figure the IWB doesn't need anything else to hold moisture, either. 

I'd not done one before with the straps/snaps. I think I'll do another one with just a clip, heck, it's an LCP, doesn't really need THAT much support. (It ain't a 1911!)

Very nice craftsmanship, alpha2...I really like the stitch line at the trigger guard...it follows the contour of the weapon very well.

I like it, I often use tubular rivets to hole snaps in place.

That looks great.

Chicago screw posts work great for providing threads while holding the base of the snap to the leather. I use them all the time. I use black screws and get them from knifekits.com although my local Ace Hardware store has stainless ones that fit too. Lining the holster should not add any thickness. You would want to use thinner leather that when glued together will be the same thickness as what you normally use in single layer leather.

I actually tried tubular rivets first. Had a bear of a time getting them to set properly without leaning over something awful. I only had one length, so had to grind them down and de-burr them. They were Tandy rivets and a Tandy setter, I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I'll practice on some scrap today and see if I can get better results. I had layers of leather built up just like the holster when I tried the last time, and tried it a couple of times before going to the screws. 

The only black screws I had on hand were nut-plates and screws, and the wrong length. Time to go shopping...again!

On 1/4/2018 at 4:03 PM, alpha2 said:

Latest holster. I didn't have anything that would work for the snap attachment to the holster. I ended up grinding down the heads on the Chicago screws to fit into the male part of the snaps. 

LCPiwbback.jpg

LCPiwbbelt.jpg

LCPiwbfront.jpg

This man's opinion.  That is a fine rig.. no need to line it, that just adds to your cost of making it. 

Looks good @alpha2!

Thanks, guys! Every one gets a little bit better. Most of the time.