Lineets

Another one from Russia with love

Hi!

My leathercrafting is not so good as the members` one. I only learnig

Here in Russia there are very few good leathercraft schools that`s why it`s rather difficut to find goog teachers.

I use the Japanese veg tanned leather in my crafting

large.oZWUJyZW_-0.jpg.1a6fb73e7c8cbe3e5cddfed5d07f56bf.jpglarge.l-89Z6dUVf0.jpg.608a45e3a45c2d6eb85d27d41c1c014c.jpglarge.l7FORuAZj3Q.jpg.0155d8a7315515c6fc78158f5fe6cea5.jpgHi!

_qAO1mB6UqA.jpg

BtCifoV6t3E.jpg

Edited by Lineets

Thanks a lot, Tom. Glad you liked my works

As for Eugene Solomin, I know him personally. And I also have already posted 3 articles in his magazine: 2 about the Japanese dyes (Kioshi Elle and Craft-Sha), and 1 about the Japanese vegtanned leather which I use in my work

Nothing wrong with your work, it is far better than you give yourself credit for, maybe you see it after tossing back a few vodkas maybe Ya?

Looks great! You might want to make all the mule's foot stamping to match in the direction of the stamp, especially in a single piece. 

The skull/helmet is excellent!

It all looks good to me.

Have you seen the oval punches some people use to punch the holes in the belts? I think the idea is to help the buckle sit nicer when the belt is being worn.

You should be proud, your work is Lovely.

По-моему все супер :) отличная работа!

On 21.05.2018 at 7:43 AM, karlova said:

По-моему все супер :) отличная работа!

Благодарю! Рад слышать русскую речь))

Wow - I love your work! 

Beautiful work! In that first picture, is the background around the roses painted with black dye, or did you use resist on the carving? If so, what kind of resist? (Eg., Super Sheen, Resolene, etc.)

Я говорю Google по-русски! Actually studied Russian in High School. Big Mistake! Have been to Moscow 3 or 4 times in the Early 90s.

Очень хорошая работа

Bob

8 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Beautiful work! In that first picture, is the background around the roses painted with black dye, or did you use resist on the carving? If so, what kind of resist? (Eg., Super Sheen, Resolene, etc.)

Thanks a lot! Glad you like my works! As for the background I used Fiebings Leather Dye and finished it with Kenda Farben Appretto Mild

Благодарю! Многие говорят, что мои работы хорошие, но лично я недоволен, мне ещё много над чем надо работать, особенно в Шеридане. 

Россия в 90-х была в разрухе, сейчас тут всё по-другому))

5 hours ago, BDAZ said:

Я говорю Google по-русски! Actually studied Russian in High School. Big Mistake! Have been to Moscow 3 or 4 times in the Early 90s.

Очень хорошая работа

Bob

Благодарю! Многие говорят, что мои работы хорошие, но лично я недоволен, мне ещё много над чем надо работать, особенно в Шеридане. 

Россия в 90-х была в разрухе, сейчас тут всё по-другому))

Я был в Москве в коммунистические времена. Я продал компьютеры Советам. У меня также были времена с КГБ. То были времена!

What he said.

5 hours ago, alpha2 said:

What he said.

He said that he had been in Moscow ans sold computers to the Soviet Union

Your work is beautiful @Lineets!

Fantastic stuff. I like how you used what looks like a backgrounder around the basket weave instead of a cammo....

You do not give enough props to yourself. however that is not a bad thing, that just means that you want to get better. In leather working, there never seems to be a perfect piece. we can always do better in our own work, but do not compare your work to others. only realize your mistakes and learn from them, just like with life.

Keep up the work, a lot of us are self taught, I am myself. never give up if it gives you joy doing it.

look forward to seeing more of your work.