councilman24

What model is this?

If you look at the specs on the machine posted by Bob, the price of the machine is not overpriced.  It is roughly comparable  to a Juki 341 in both lift, stitch length and heaviness.    Try finding a complete 341 for $1200.00.

glenn

Nice looking machine. 

53 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

If you look at the specs on the machine posted by Bob, the price of the machine is not overpriced.  It is roughly comparable  to a Juki 341 in both lift, stitch length and heaviness.    Try finding a complete 341 for $1200.00.

glenn

I was thinking the same thing,looks pretty decent for the $$

A matter of hours from the question to not only the answer, but the specs too :o  

Thanks. I'd gotten close and was pretty much right about the specs. Not up for 346 thread. Probably 148 with that needle systwm. My comment on price was based on finding what I thought might be same capability for.less in new but likely lower quality machines. Late last night and don't remember which ones I found.  Yamata 335 head with large.bobbin new for LT $1000 shipped. Comments? Similar capability new machines?

Cylinder beds I know least about. Still have to get all my 111s running. Well they run but need cleaning and tuned up.

Edited by councilman24
Add similar machine and edit syntax

1 hour ago, councilman24 said:

Yamata 335 head with large.bobbin new for LT $1000 shipped. Comments?

No, no and NO. 335 will struggle with anything above 92 thread, and for $1k shipped it will probably be a clunker.

Just some pictures of the original Consew 287 to preserve for posterity here on LW (which hopefully will live longer than that facebook post or facebook itself). It's a nice machine, really. Very likely made by Seiko, and probably worth the asking price. 

consew-4.jpgconsew-3.jpgconsew-2.jpgconsew-1.jpg

The Yamata appears to be a clone of the newer Pfaff 335 which means it has higher lift and should handle thicker thread. As it's the head only you will be up for a bit more money for a table, motor etc.

Only problem with the Consew is it has a clutch motor (fortunately servo's aren't too expensive).

49 minutes ago, councilman24 said:

Have one I bought 4 years ago and still haven't put it on any of my 15 machines to try.

I think that says it all! :lol: