RockyAussie

How to get your products to sell well

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

JLs quit posting a while back you probably should contact him at his store site for permissions.

Got it - thanks. Was reading some of his blog posts and wondered if he had rage-quit.

It is hard to patent leather items as original as most items have been made before and just altered a bit, there are thousands of Wallet designs, Card holders, Belts, Pancake holsters, western holsters and so on, that none meet the invented part of applying for a patent or unique

The big companies do patent some items like the Birkin bag but generally its just a specific part of the design rather than say the basic bag

And unless I recall incorrectly, @JLSleather was very free with his designs but did appreciate being mentioned as opposed to complete intellectual theft. I could completely be thinking of someone else too. I miss the guy if I'm being honest. He's pretty opinionated but is also a solid leatherworking beast.

17 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

And unless I recall incorrectly, @JLSleather was very free with his designs but did appreciate being mentioned as opposed to complete intellectual theft. I could completely be thinking of someone else too. I miss the guy if I'm being honest. He's pretty opinionated but is also a solid leatherworking beast.

I agree, there isn't a darn thing wrong with being opinionated, His work is excellent as are his designs. 

12 hours ago, battlemunky said:

I miss the guy if I'm being honest.

A couple of interesting folks in this thread who don’t hang around here anymore. @mikesc hasn’t posted since Spring. @robs456, you still around at all? I’d be curious to hear a follow up to this thread if so.