westwood1

"industrial sewing machine man”

was curious about any experiences with company “industrial sewing machine man” 

I have looked an was not able to find much in feed back on experiences including here

prices on the cowboy are the lowest currently 

All I can say is...you haven't looked very hard.

BTW: It is Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines, LLC

Bob Kovar is one of the most honest dealers you will ever confront. I think my trip last Saturday to get another machine from him was either my fourth or fifth time buying from him and his son.

Ferg

Kinda playing on Bob's business isn't he?

Ferg

Asked for a quote once. Took forever to reply, and the quote was much higher than the prices listed on the site.

4 hours ago, R8R said:

Asked for a quote once. Took forever to reply, and the quote was much higher than the prices listed on the site.

The prices on imported Chinese sewing machines has gone up at least 25% over the past year. Those Cowboy/Hightex prices on that website are likely from before the latest tariff increases went into effect. Second, they don't include actual crating and shipping costs or insurance in the cart prices for items over 40 pounds. Those would be added later at the buyers expense. Third, the website and shopping cart are unencrypted. There is no https lock because they don't have a security certificate installed on the server. Anything submitted from their forms could be intercepted or altered.

33 minutes ago, westwood1 said:

Oh wow 

It's best to buy a new leather sewing machine from an authorized dealer who specializes in that brand, has parts, accessories and firsthand knowledge of setting them up, adjusting them and repairing them if things go South. These dealers will help you with your machine learning curve over the phone, or by email, or private messages.

You should know that it is difficult to pre-quote shipping charges for sewing machines and tables because delivery rates vary from carrier to carrier and season to season. They are different for commercial buildings with loading docks vs residential or commercial without a dock. It can cost from $70 up to have a truck with a lift gate deliver a machine, in addition to the distance charge. A dealer like the ones advertising with us know the questions to ask to get the best shipping rates, depending on where the machine is going.

17 hours ago, DasMeatball said:

So what’s the word? Is this company real? I looked up the address on google maps and it’s a house not a business/warehouse 

He does what a lot of people on Ebay do,has them dropped shipped from the supplier to you,he is just a middle man.

Since I’m in NJ, I decided to give them a call as I’m in the market for a Techsew 2750 Pro. Spoke to a gentleman on the phone (forgot his first name), he gave me a nice deal with shipping and I went ahead with the order.  
Due to the holidays, I should get the machine after New Years. They have a physical warehouse in North Jersey and had the option to pick it up to save on shipping.

Overall, it was a smooth transaction — I didn’t get any negative vibes and he was knowledgeable in the field of industrial sewing machines.

Once I get the machine. I’ll update my overall experience with them.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, Wizcrafts said:

The prices on imported Chinese sewing machines has gone up at least 25% over the past year. Those Cowboy/Hightex prices on that website are likely from before the latest tariff increases went into effect. Second, they don't include actual crating and shipping costs or insurance in the cart prices for items over 40 pounds. Those would be added later at the buyers expense. Third, the website and shopping cart are unencrypted. There is no https lock because they don't have a security certificate installed on the server. Anything submitted from their forms could be intercepted or altered.

Wiz, 

Before I called them, I added the sewing machine to the cart and next link took me to an encrypted page for the form.  It has the https:  prefix along with the lock icon on a url for www.sewingandvac.com

Nikos

On 12/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, Nikos69 said:

Since I’m in NJ, I decided to give them a call as I’m in the market for a Techsew 2750 Pro. Spoke to a gentleman on the phone (forgot his first name), he gave me a nice deal with shipping and I went ahead with the order.  
Due to the holidays, I should get the machine after New Years. They have a physical warehouse in North Jersey and had the option to pick it up to save on shipping.

Overall, it was a smooth transaction — I didn’t get any negative vibes and he was knowledgeable in the field of industrial sewing machines.

Once I get the machine. I’ll update my overall experience with them.

This was posted last year, but I did not see any update when you received your machine. How was the transaction/delivery?

How is the machine? Any updates? 

Im in Pennsylvania & am looking for a cylinder arm machine preferred & willing to pickup close by vs delivery. I too came across this website. 

I got a decent deal which included freight. Timing sucked since Techsew sold out and it took almost a month to get delivered from Canada. Transaction was smooth and the company is legit. The owner might be a bit rough around the edges but he took care of me.

Machine is well built and has lots of bells & whistles. I would definitely recommend getting a speed reducer as the minimum start up speed was a bit quick for my taste. I ended up ordering the pulley and belts and installed it myself.

Chose a cylinder arm in case I start making bags in the near future but have been using it lately to sew leather patches on hats.

Theres a learning curve for dialing in the correct tension and since I work mostly with veg tan leather, I also clipped the presser foot tension spring to decrease the track marks.

That being said, it doesn’t get as much use at the moment as I thought since most of my orders are for hand sewn items.

Edited by Nikos69

original message was removed

Edited by kgg
original message was removed

17 minutes ago, kgg said:

Where the link goes and whether it is safe I have no idea as I didn't click on it.

The spam link goes to a Russian industrial sewing machine dealer with their own name branded machines. I deleted the post as I do for all spam links I learn about.

Just now, Wizcrafts said:

The spam link goes to a Russian industrial sewing machine dealer with their own name branded machines. I hid the post as I do for all spam links I learn about.

Thank you

kgg

5 minutes ago, kgg said:

Thank you

kgg

Spammers post links on forums hoping for search engines to pick them up and help promote those websites. It is the oldest trick in the books since the Internet moved from just bulletin boards (BBS) to websites with graphics and shopping carts.

I was about to defang the link but you beat me to the punch and deleted it.

I already had a Cobra class 4 that I purchased directly from leather machine co. I called and spoke with Richard from industrial sewing machine man about a class 26, which he didn’t have on hand but would be able to get to me fairly quickly at a discounted shipping rate.

Based on the impression I had from our short conversation on the phone, I felt confident that he was trustworthy and went ahead with the order. I’ll admit his website definitely could use some updates in order to inspire more confidence with potential online customers but I went ahead and took the chance. True to his word, the order was placed on the 20th of March and I received it on the 28th. 

I will be continuing to do business with him for future shop upgrades. He’s proven to be an honest, straight to point individual who definitely knows a thing or two about sewing machines. 

EAAD187E-4957-4F37-8440-7E01C6300A17.jpeg

Edited by Robinriversleather

I know this is an old post but just has my first experience with Mark Rolfini at Industrial Sewing Machine in Molalla Oregon and wow - where has Mark been all my life?   He did an amazing job of resolving all of the issues with my new Juki-1342 clone and gave me such great information on what to watch for and how to successfully navigate my new Techsew 4800 pro.   Mark is now on my speed dial.   Amazing expertise and knowledge.   

5 hours ago, PDXTodd said:

I know this is an old post but just has my first experience with Mark Rolfini at Industrial Sewing Machine in Molalla Oregon and wow - where has Mark been all my life?   He did an amazing job of resolving all of the issues with my new Juki-1342 clone and gave me such great information on what to watch for and how to successfully navigate my new Techsew 4800 pro.   Mark is now on my speed dial.   Amazing expertise and knowledge.   

Rolfini has been around for long time . also down South your way in Salem. There is another guy I have used over the years . Name  ' Bricio ' , he also pretty good, and i have called him a few times when I been in a Jam with something I can't get a handle on .