rowbow

stropping paste

Hi has any one tryed Smurf Poo honing and stropping paste, I have found it to cut realy well on my strop

www.bolgers.co.uk :Lighten:

No but I like the name!

The paste is blue,and cuts metal fast. (from Amazon)

I have only used jewelers  rouge . Works fine for me. 

But ' smurf poo'  ??  Are smurfs  grazing animals ?   hate to see when they throw up after a big night, maybe  too many " blue lagoon"  cocktails ?   !!!! 

Thats just silly ,.....blue lagoon cocktails....geez,  :)  They just drank too much ' Windex' !!  

HS   :rofl:

'ere, anyone remember 'Blue Nun' wine? was she a Smurfette?

New millennial name ….. same old product. Gives me the blues.

2 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

New millennial name ….. same old product. Gives me the blues.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but I hear and read the term being used mostly by Boomers rather than Millenials. There's far fewer wood-turners and whittlers in their 20s compared with those in their 60s, at least where I live. You'll be telling us that eating avocados on toast and buying £3 coffees is why we Millenials can't afford houses next. ;):rolleyes:

On 11/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, rowbow said:

Hi has any one tryed Smurf Poo honing and stropping paste, I have found it to cut realy well on my strop

I've heard good things previously but never got around to trying it myself. I use autosol on my Tormek, and on my leather strop before I got that because I can get it locally, it works well and it has other uses. I've also successfully used valve grinding compound and other buffing soaps (green and grey), though these do get a bit claggy. Not sure if it's because they're formulated/expected to be used on a fast wheel with lots of friction or because I've been sold old stock but they certainly work.

31 minutes ago, Matt S said:

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but I hear and read the term being used mostly by Boomers rather than Millenials. There's far fewer wood-turners and whittlers in their 20s compared with those in their 60s, at least where I live. You'll be telling us that eating avocados on toast and buying £3 coffees is why we Millenials can't afford houses next. ;):rolleyes:

LOL sorry I crushed your crumpet friend didn't mean to! I get it about the lack of younger folk doing hands on type of work its happening here to I guess they just cant find an app. for it. Again I apologize if I offended you in any way I was just funnin a bit with the Starkie blue AKA smurf poo, it is a very fine abrasive indeed.

according to my buddy. who is the guy you see at gun shows sharpening knives/ scissors

Hall's pro edge  and Dan's Arkansas stone along with  the blue  rouge  will give you a sharper than razor blade edge

after sharpening my deer skinning knife. I shaved with it. just to see if it would. i had a full weeks growth

5 hours ago, Frodo said:

Hall's pro edge and Dan's Arkansas stone along with the blue rouge will give you a sharper than razor blade edge

Hi Frodo do you mind posting some pics of the above items and or links to purchase them?   I'm working on my sharpening kit and I'm interested in checking these out.

Thanks

On 11/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, fredk said:

ere, anyone remember 'Blue Nun' wine? was she a Smurfette?

Yep, how can we forget that ? Or am I an old fart like you ? :)   Quite a nice drop too  ,these days I just  buy whatever is in the " bargain bin" ...and tastes nice :)   She was a  ...' Smurfette', but also  prayed while you  slowly got s*** faced !! 

HS

On 11/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Frodo said:

Thanks Frodo

3 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Thanks Frodo

anytime Bro..