Jump to content
KennethLee

TOTALLY BUMMED OUT!! CANT GET A COBRA Class 26!

Recommended Posts

This is turning into a most interesting topic! Festivus approaches. Let the airing of grievances begin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KennethLee,

 I am sure Bob or Steve or Ralph would be the first to tell you the genuine machines are made better but also much more expensive. The clone machine is a good machine but the tolerances on a genuine Juki 341 or 1341 or closer.  The clone was built to offer the customer a choice.  I have a 1341 and have sewn on both the Cowboy and Juki 341.  All are good machines.  I see no difference between the Sew Tech, the Cobra and the Cowboy.  All good  and I believe all made in the same plant in China!  The Juki 1341 retails H/O for somewhere between $3,800-$4,100.00.  Great machine not cheap.  You want a better machine that any of these,  go to the Juki 2310 or the Cadillac, Adler 869.  Trust me, none are better than the 869.  That head only costs over $5,000.00!  It is all about price.   You say the Cobra 26 is better than the the Cowboy or Sew Tech.  Based on what?  I say no and that is based on 40 plus years of sewing experience!  What are you basing your opinions on?  Please tell me. Those questions are not meant to be a smart ass, rather information.    Have you sewn on the Cobra 26?    Have you sewn on any of the other machines.  If not, how can you make that claim?   There are lot of people on this site that are very, very good as to knowledge on machines.  Listen to them!   They are merely tying to educate and see your opinion.   If not convinced, then buy the Cobra whenever they open back up and be done with it.  Bitching will get you nowhere.  Trust me!!

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, KennethLee said:

....well Ive been saving for a CLASS 26 , and there is NO substitute, ive seen the 'others', and theyre nowhere near as good.

I hope you get that Cobra!    I’ve long been impressed with the brand loyalty with Cobra (and CB) and regardless if it’s better or not than any other brand there’s nothing better than saving up for something that excites you!   
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

FWIW Industrialsewingmachineman is a drop shipper,he doesn't stock anything so since Cobra is shut down he won't be able to send one either.

thank you for being so kind, im gonna contact him,  also a nice guy in washington state contacted me about a used one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you check out the one on Craigslist? The one outside of Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever you chose remember it's the service that can make a huge difference, do they answer the phone and give great assistance, do they have  good spares backup and so on. maybe your question should be "What make gives the best after care service " out of your chosen makers or " tell me your woes about the same makers" that might give better information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

This is turning into a most interesting topic! Festivus approaches. Let the airing of grievances begin!

Happy festivus ! bring on the feats of strength... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 12:06 AM, Aven said:

Did you check out the one on Craigslist? The one outside of Chicago

i did, i got no reply

On 12/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, shoepatcher said:

KennethLee,

 I am sure Bob or Steve or Ralph would be the first to tell you the genuine machines are made better but also much more expensive. The clone machine is a good machine but the tolerances on a genuine Juki 341 or 1341 or closer.  The clone was built to offer the customer a choice.  I have a 1341 and have sewn on both the Cowboy and Juki 341.  All are good machines.  I see no difference between the Sew Tech, the Cobra and the Cowboy.  All good  and I believe all made in the same plant in China!  The Juki 1341 retails H/O for somewhere between $3,800-$4,100.00.  Great machine not cheap.  You want a better machine that any of these,  go to the Juki 2310 or the Cadillac, Adler 869.  Trust me, none are better than the 869.  That head only costs over $5,000.00!  It is all about price.   You say the Cobra 26 is better than the the Cowboy or Sew Tech.  Based on what?  I say no and that is based on 40 plus years of sewing experience!  What are you basing your opinions on?  Please tell me. Those questions are not meant to be a smart ass, rather information.    Have you sewn on the Cobra 26?    Have you sewn on any of the other machines.  If not, how can you make that claim?   There are lot of people on this site that are very, very good as to knowledge on machines.  Listen to them!   They are merely tying to educate and see your opinion.   If not convinced, then buy the Cobra whenever they open back up and be done with it.  Bitching will get you nowhere.  Trust me!!

glenn

i dont care about the cost, i just want the machine,......preferably new however, but used if i can trust the seller, buying $$$$$ sight unseen is "not cool"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good luck.  Hope it works out for you!

glenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have often wondered why one of these companies over the other.  There are a few differences, but not many significant. The after sale service is HUGE for me...I'm not so bright by myself, ya know.  I'd LOVE a Juki, but simply cannot justify a cost like those are going for.  The guys that contribute to this forum are very nice and seem very professional in their dealings.  They certainly play nice together.  Now...which to choose...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can add is that I doubt I would ever buy a Brown machine.

Silver, grey, black then yes not fussy, but brown reminds me of those old government buildings and Victorian schools where they had a yellow top half to walls and a brown bottom half to hide any marks

You  don;t see many brown cars either must be something to do with the colour

Edited by chrisash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...