Jump to content
AndyL1

Tree of Life Bifold

Recommended Posts

Just finished this bifold up today. I think it came out great, it’s been a while since the last one I made. 
 

I didn’t get a photo but the cash pocket is lined with a nice plaid fabric.

422BFB83-04C1-4D3F-A403-32F674187C84.jpeg

D60AA2DB-B12A-4F40-9390-CE6F158133B4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh that’s really cool! How did you do the tree? Do you use small paint brushes and basically just paint your designs with dye? I am curious about do more artwork on my projects like stamping and carving but lately I’ve had an itch to do designs with dye but I’m not sure where to start and how to go about it properly. :blush: I need to find a good comprehensive tutorial lol anyways you do amazing work!

Edited by Zozo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, that is just beautiful

echo; how did you do the Tree? Nosey, err . . . enquiring minds want to know these things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice wallet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea, super nice work.   And what zozo said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it, very good job.

AndyL1, from where you purchased that Tree stamp ? 

Edited by Adonis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, Zozo said:

Ooh that’s really cool! How did you do the tree? Do you use small paint brushes and basically just paint your designs with dye? I am curious about do more artwork on my projects like stamping and carving but lately I’ve had an itch to do designs with dye but I’m not sure where to start and how to go about it properly. :blush: I need to find a good comprehensive tutorial lol anyways you do amazing work!

Thank you! The tree was done with a stamp that I made with my laser. It's laser engraved Delrin and I have a growing library of designs. I used a fine point paintbrush with green dye for the color.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, fredk said:

oh, that is just beautiful

echo; how did you do the Tree? Nosey, err . . . enquiring minds want to know these things

Thanks! See above...

On 1/13/2021 at 3:34 AM, Bogwot said:

Nice wallet 

Thanks!

On 1/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, JayEhl said:

yea, super nice work.   And what zozo said...

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Adonis said:

Love it, very good job.

AndyL1, from where you purchased that Tree stamp ? 

Thank you! I made the stamp out of Delrin with my laser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really cool, but doesn't the tree of life have the roots connected to the branches?  Just curious...

Also, that is some tidy air brush work!

YinTx

 

Edited by YinTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the color of the leather. What dye did you use? I have experimented with alcohol dyes and stains but I am never happy with the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, YinTx said:

It is really cool, but doesn't the tree of life have the roots connected to the branches?  Just curious...

Also, that is some tidy air brush work!

YinTx

 

Thanks! There are quite a few tree of life designs out there, all different with various knotwork. Also, no airbrush here. Just used a sponge for the brown and paint brush for the green.

18 hours ago, MsEdna said:

Love the color of the leather. What dye did you use? I have experimented with alcohol dyes and stains but I am never happy with the results. 

Thank you! I used Tandy’s Waterstain in light brown and the tree is their green. I like the colors, they’re very rich and go on nicely. I use Fiebing’s alcohol dyes as well but their colors always come out so dark. I like to thin them with denatured alcohol.

Edited by AndyL1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyL1 said:

Thanks! There are quite a few tree of life designs out there, all different with various knotwork. Also, no airbrush here. Just used a sponge for the brown and paint brush for the green.

 

Makes sense.  And I misread your post saying you used a fine point paintbrush, thought it said airbrush.  Happens to me.

YinTx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyL1 said:

Thanks! There are quite a few tree of life designs out there, all different with various knotwork. Also, no airbrush here. Just used a sponge for the brown and paint brush for the green.

Thank you! I used Tandy’s Waterstain in light brown and the tree is their green. I like the colors, they’re very rich and go on nicely. I use Fiebing’s alcohol dyes as well but their colors always come out so dark. I like to thin them with denatured alcohol.

I never get these results with Waterstain, guess I have to practice a bit more ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice and clean. Turned out beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whole thing is awesome, but i especially like the dye texture on the inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...