evilblackdog

Help identifying this Pfaff 335

I've got this Pfaff 335 but so far I've had no luck finding the s/n to precisely identify it so I can buy some parts I need for it.
Any help would be much appreciated, I'm excited to get it going!ffffffff

pfaff 335 nameplate.jpg

20211025_145756.jpg

Oh, not another former binder!

335  with toys and set up for binding.   These honey and brown ones were made in mid to pate 1980's.  small bobbin.   i do not believe this has the new bigger G size hook. Front tension assembly and take up lever cover has been damaged.  It needs some work but can be fixed.

Just from the two pictures... This is not a binder machine, it has fix position arm cover and no posts for the binder. It´s a plain sewer. Throat plate missing, inner foot missing, stitch length adjuster assy + scale plate missing (because of different adjuster "thingy"). Expect that you may need a different motor (probably).  If you need a motor expect approx. $300 to invest.

Edited by Constabulary

7 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Just from the two pictures... This is not a binder machine, it has fix position arm cover and no posts for the binder. It´s a plain sewer. Throat plate missing, inner foot missing, stitch length adjuster assy + scale plate missing (because of different adjuster "thingy"). Expect that you may need a different motor (probably).  If you need a motor expect approx. $300 to invest.

Sort of half half really. The feed dog is still a binder type which means it will not drop down and come back up when it feeds, just back and forward on the same level. Reverse if it works is probably done through that electric control box on top. Re the tension assembly I think what is there is alright to go with.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:52 AM, RockyAussie said:

Sort of half half really. The feed dog is still a binder type which means it will not drop down and come back up when it feeds, just back and forward on the same level. Reverse if it works is probably done through that electric control box on top. Re the tension assembly I think what is there is alright to go with.

Is the binder type integral to the machine or can it be changed? It does indeed just move back and forth without dipping down so is that a problem if I want to get it setup as a standard sewer?

4 hours ago, evilblackdog said:

Is the binder type integral to the machine or can it be changed? It does indeed just move back and forth without dipping down so is that a problem if I want to get it setup as a standard sewer?

I believe that the dedicated binder machines only have forward and backward motion feed dog driver components. You may still; be able to sew using a throat plate, but the feed dog will fight you somewhat.

6 hours ago, evilblackdog said:

AS yet I have not seen or heard of anyone that has done the change over. Many people still claim that they can stitch with it fine as a standard sewer and they can do a decent job but another issue that bugs me more is that the needle is about 11 mm from the edge which is terrible when you are trying to get in there with tight gussets and stuff. The more standard types like say a Techsew 2600 will get you right up to about 1/4" from the edge.https://www.techsew.com/us/techsew-2600-narrow-cylinder-leather-industrial-sewing-machine.html

I bought the feed dog and needle plate from Kwok Hing and a generic set of feet from a local supplier to convert mine to a "standard" stitcher and it worked fine.

11 minutes ago, dikman said:

I bought the feed dog and needle plate from Kwok Hing and a generic set of feet from a local supplier to convert mine to a "standard" stitcher and it worked fine.

Good to know that. If it is not too much trouble could you post a few close up pictures? I've got a 335 I might convert but not if the needle to edge is still like 11mm.

This is the plate and the feed dog that came with it. The left edge is rounded off and caused a problem with the foot that I had so I packed it out with epoxy to level it off. Incidentally, the metal that HK uses is HARD!!.

Pfaff plate 1a.jpg

Pfaff plate 2a.jpg