AzShooter

Bad Week With The Dropsies

I'm not sure what's causing it but wow am I having a bad time with the dropsies.  First I nocked over my can of cement and poured about 1/2 on my cutting board.  I couldn't just turn it over because it would then stick to my bench.  It was 24 X 36 and I really liked it.

I changed it out for an older board I have, 18 X 24.  It's just large enough to fit over my granite slab, so now I have that in the middle of my desk as well.

Today I dropped my cup of hot coco.   I dropped a jar of cheery juice, dropped my knife, hammer and thred a few times.  

I finally decided it's time for a break before I break something important.

1 hour ago, AzShooter said:

First I nocked over my can of cement and poured about 1/2 on my cutting board.

I can empathise with that.  Some years back, I knocked my tin of contact adhesive over....onto my leg .  My right leg was covered in a sticky 'gloop'  . A few 'choice words' were said, and although I tried to clean the mess up, cloths , solvents etc. my jeans still remain a little stiff to this day . 

Whats just as frustrating with the 'dropsies' , is when you keep dropping the same thing over and over again :blush:. Thats when its time to walk away  before I throw something . 

HS 

@AzShooter don't know your age or medical background but it might be worth seeing a doctor.

Regards,

Arturo

Thanks.  I'm 70 and I'm going to call the VA to see if I can get in to see my doctor.

I dropped my skiving knife last month, it was one of those moments like watching it rolling off the bench in slow motion...

Before I had a chance to think my instinct kicked in and I caught it in the air.  No stitches thankfully, but lots of blood.

That's because your brain is telling you its time to stop working and relax for a couple of days and enjoy this holiday season, family and friends.

Merry Christmas !!!!

Depending  on what I'm working on, I get this sometimes.  If I'm molding leather, and doing the cooking, and helping at the church.. somewhere in there i can wash my hands so much I basically flush out all the oil in the skin... and ... dropsies.

I helped put new rafters on a building a while back.. repeatedly told the guy under me might want to find another place to stand, since sometimes I drop stuff.  Guessing a 22 oz hammer from 30 feet above is a game changer :crazy:

I decided to take a few days off after slicing my thumb today with a new box cutter.  I'm making a bag that I'm hoping will be my shooting bag.  I've got to modify it from the description in "Leather Cases, Volume II".  I couldn't gouge the leather to produce a mitered edge so I'm going to have to change the dimensions a bit.  

Next project is the Gadget bag at the end of the book.

Just trying to learn so I'm trying different projects.

10 hours ago, AzShooter said:

I decided to take a few days off after slicing my thumb today with a new box cutter.  I'm making a bag that I'm hoping will be my shooting bag.  I've got to modify it from the description in "Leather Cases, Volume II".  I couldn't gouge the leather to produce a mitered edge so I'm going to have to change the dimensions a bit.  

Next project is the Gadget bag at the end of the book.

Just trying to learn so I'm trying different projects.

Good luck to you and have a great Christmas!! Hope your thumb heals quickly.

The city here switched us up. Changed from our spring water to well artesian well water which has more sodium which softens the water which makes it slick so we are suffering the dropsies also two plates so far this week lol.

15 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Next project is the Gadget bag at the end of the book

That's quite a project!  Look forward to seeing it ;)