Tim Schroeder

Ranger Belt

Needed a belt to wear when going out instead of my work belt. 

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

Edited by Tim Schroeder

wowzers you pulled out all the stops on that. That knife work inside is amazing.

That is the pinnacle of the craft!  Thanks for sharing.  Curious how you made the swell in the billet, and the needle/thread combination you're using.  I am learning to make raised leather pieces, and swells with a rounding block, and would welcome any tips.  I've been testing out in-line presser feet on a Cobra 4 for sewing the edges but my hand sewing looks neater for the raised pieces.

Looks NICE (as usual)

Thanks Chuck  and Tom

There's a piece of 3/4 oz veg tan just the width of the swell  with the edges beveled glued on the back first, then the front laid on top. I make everything big and then cut it to size after it's glued together. I have the tooling between the billets with a good swell as well. 

It's a 21 needle with 207 thread and 135 in the bottom. . I was playing with the stitch length and thought I had it back at 8 spi, it's really closer to 9spi. I have a Class 26 now, I had a class 4 but was to big, so I traded it for this class 26. I was gonna modify a needle plate and feeddog on the class 4 myself. Now you can buy it already done. The class 26 does 95% of what I do and the Class 4 was good for about 5%. Wish I had it back now. 

Thanks for the info.  I started with making halters on a Class 4 but I am drifting towards bridles that I'm sewing by hand. I did buy the narrow feed dog/plate and use it for everything on the Class 4.

An absolute master piece, not much else I can say, but to sit here in awe. Thanks for sharing .

Definitely a Sunday go to meeting Belt, just beautiful :thumbsup:

that's some nice work Tim

Yep, that should pretty much do it.

Think I'll put my tools down for a bit and ponder my purpose, lol.

YinTx

And I really like the belt, contrast in colors, textures, leathers...materials, mad knife skills... design...

Beautiful craftsmanship right there.

beautiful work! How did you source the buckle set? I can't seem to find ones with the two belt keepers.

Thanks. That is a El Creek Buckle set I bought from Cavenders 20 yrs ago. Sometimes I use Ebay to buy buckles for belts I'm making. There is a Judge Leo Smith on Ebay that will make anything you want. He is here in Texas. 

Very nice.