Mocivnik

Ammo pouch

Well, purpose is different, but the design remains same: I'd like to make an ammo pouch for slingshot bullets but the design I'd like to keep as from American Civil War lead balls.

My slingshot ammo are actually balls from bearings dimensions either 3/8" or 1/2" (10-12mm).

Has anyone ever done something as such and maybe have a pattern for it?

(just a thought: if this ammo pouch would have somekind of attachmend to hold slingshot aswell, it would be more than perfect)

18 minutes ago, Mocivnik said:

Well, purpose is different, but the design remains same: I'd like to make an ammo pouch for slingshot bullets but the design I'd like to keep as from American Civil War lead balls.

My slingshot ammo are actually balls from bearings dimensions either 3/8" or 1/2" (10-12mm).

Has anyone ever done something as such and maybe have a pattern for it?

(just a thought: if this ammo pouch would have somekind of attachmend to hold slingshot aswell, it would be more than perfect)

https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-library/percussion-pistol-pattern-pak-2691

15 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Yeah, I've seen this one, but it's just a simple regular bag that I'm not even sure, if I can put it on my belt and balls won't just spill if I bend over or something. 

I make these to put muzzleloader ammo in. This one is for .45 cal, but they can be made for any size. We put these in our shooting bags, but you can add a wing at the neck for a thong to tie to your belt. Cut out the two pieces, sew them up, soak them for 15-25 seconds then pack with unpopped popcorn or sand. Empty it out and let dry. It takes longer to dry than it takes to make.

IMG_20220218_091413aaa.jpg

IMG_20220218_091433bbb.jpg

IMG_20220218_091505ccc.jpg

2 hours ago, Mocivnik said:

Yeah, I've seen this one, but it's just a simple regular bag that I'm not even sure, if I can put it on my belt and balls won't just spill if I bend over or something. 

if it didn't work they probably wouldn't have used it for their ammo either what is nice is it only takes one hand to get out your ammo. But i would go with the shot pouch pictured above too. it could be carried by a strap or around your neck. Here is the pattern pack i meant to show you three different patterns hope it helps.https://tandyleather.com/blogs/leathercraft-library/black-powder-bags-and-pouches-1966

Edited by chuck123wapati

Is this the style you want?

Not the exact one, just a sample of the shape

small girdle purse type 1, 02LWs.jpg

small girdle purse type 1, 01LWs.jpg

Antique Leather Black Powder Shot Flask For Parts or Repair image 1I Have one similar to this one with the difference being Mine is done with One piece folded over and stitched  but still has the wood insert and plug and comes with a extra piece stitched in for hanging.

Edited by Eldon Austin