Michiel

What is this?

I have got a some Adler spare parts frome someone who got them  a from a “adler repair guy”.

most parts i can recognise but there is one thing what looks more like a special tool

i has no part number or brand and it is even possible it is not sewing machine relateted 

but anyway: is there some one who knows what it is?

(looks like you can use it to remove an bearing but i can not see were to use it)

any thoughts?

Regards, michiel

(Scale is cm)

24099FAC-4348-4A77-A8D6-BF308C6DE7B1.jpeg

715E20C4-20E2-4AA2-993C-3089C18EAAB2.jpeg

BC77E620-0F14-4029-99D8-F1A75BCCE239.jpeg

Edited by Michiel

perhaps you're right. It may not be sewing machine related. Looks like a tool to remove/extract ....something serious  , looking at the hex bolt . 

That looks like a 18th Century glockenoodleshitzer from the Outlander series. The British used them to torture the Highland Scots they captured during the battle at Glenlevit.

2 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

That looks like a 18th Century glockenoodleshitzer from the Outlander series. The British used them to torture the Highland Scots they captured during the battle at Glenlevit.

The 18th century model has an imperial thread and was an ambidextrous design ...the one pictured looks  more like the 17th century model when they were still using the metric thread and was design just for the right hand 

12 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

glockenoodleshitzer

I googled that, fair dinkum ..... I got no results  :) 

I highlighted one of the pics:  Theres some extra  holes. Two near the bolt at the top, and one closer to the   adjustable hex bolt . 

Does it go around the leg  for some medieval  torture? mmmmnah, looks more like a tool for removing bearings/ pulleys /mechanical  something that was fitted with heat??:dunno:

BC77E620-0F14-4029-99D8-F1A75BCCE239.jpeg.582bff436e1fa2557483227c813595c9.jpeg

its a question puller. works good too.:)

Edited by chuck123wapati

we have ones like that but much bigger out here in the west. They are for carrying post holes while building fences. 

if it were mine i would use it to hold something tight against something round like a pipe so i could weld it up, solder or braze it. 

14 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Total lies, we were always very nice to our prisoners and also fed and wined them well, in fact so well, many refused to go back to their own country:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Total lies, we were always very nice to our prisoners and also fed and wined them well, in fact so well, many refused to go back to their own country:rolleyes:

You must have bribed them with GlenLivet single malt scotch!

plumbers use something that looks a lot like that it clamps on the pipe between floors not saying that's what this is I'm more in agreement with wiz on this one .

4 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

You must have bribed them with GlenLivet single malt scotch!

There is only one single malt name Highland Park made in the Orkney Island. I recommend it to you

The problem is the Scots make many excellent single malts. So many choices........

A sex toy..? :P

Edited by pzarkov

11 hours ago, dikman said:

The problem is the Scots make many excellent single malts. So many choices........

Which may explain why I can't understand a word they're saying.

' What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt? 

Nothing, its all in perfect working order '    :) 

4 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Which may explain why I can't understand a word they're saying.

' What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt? 

Nothing, its all in perfect working order '    :) 

so this Scotsman really ties one on and on the way home passes out next to the road. pretty soon a couple Irish girls come along find him and get curious about what's under his kilt take a peek and for fun they decide to tie a little blue ribbon on it. Next morn he wakes up and when he goes to take a leak sees the ribbon. " Oy don't remember where you've been last night he exclaims but you won first place.

:rofl: O'h dear , quite like that  :)