Jordyn2.jpgJordyn1.jpgCandace calls these our "Halloween" model. Body is grey, fringe is metallic apricot(light orange and not yellow like it looks) and black overlays. Thanks again to Luke and Vandy and the crew at Sheridan Leather for some more AWESOME leather.

post-3534-1220764657_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1220764673_thumb.jpg

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Elton,

I would never have enough imagination to put those colors together and make them look good. You did and did it with style!!

They are a nice piece of work, your customer should be very happy!

I love the lines on the trim and the shapes for your yokes and side panels.

The tooling looks good and all of your trim and stitching looks perfect!

After seeing those I am going to the work bench and practice, practice, practice!

Thanks for posting those, they are NICE!! :specool:

Rick Jorgenson

Customer picked the body color and I RAN AWAY WITH THE REST. Thanks for the compliment. I have a foot for my chap machine with a built in edge guide for stitching the overlays on.

Very beautiful Elton! As usual one might add. The black border down one the legs accentuate the whole design very well.

Tom

Wow! You sure do wonderful work on these. Each one I've seen you post is a work of art.

ArtS

Elton,

Good ones again. I like the overlay too. Got a pic of that edge guide for the foot?

those are just beautiful!!

Jordyn2.jpgJordyn1.jpgCandace calls these our "Halloween" model. Body is grey, fringe is metallic apricot(light orange and not yellow like it looks) and black overlays. Thanks again to Luke and Vandy and the crew at Sheridan Leather for some more AWESOME leather.

Might I suggest you invest in a tripod or at least try holding the camera still while taking the pic. It's a shame something this nice is displayed as a blur. Also the background really detracts from the piece. Take it outside. JMO.

31334062_o.jpg Here's a pic of the foot set up Bruce. They come in 1/8 3/16 and 1/4. I bought them for Candace to use but I have ended up using them more than she ever has. Justis, seems like it's the flourescent lighting in my shop that causes the blur.

post-3534-1220803227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elton Joorisity

Where did you get those?

Thanks,

ArtS

Ebay. Search in Stores for industrial sewing machine. They are called a topstitch edge guide foot or something like that. They run at about $18 each. You have to be careful on tight curves but otherwise they work GREAT.

Thanks

ArtS

31334062_o.jpg Here's a pic of the foot set up Bruce. They come in 1/8 3/16 and 1/4. I bought them for Candace to use but I have ended up using them more than she ever has. Justis, seems like it's the flourescent lighting in my shop that causes the blur.

Hi Elton,

Trust me, it's not the lighting, it's camera shake, due to slow shutter speed. Set the camera on a solid surface and do a self timed shot. Also make sure the lens is clean. If it's still blurry, you need a new camera. Your work deserves much better than what shows in your photos. Don't think I am trying to bug you.....just trying to help.

ELTON , THE CHAPS ARE GREAT..............

what type of sewing machine are you useing.?

Thanks

Absolutly great,

A piece of art. I had no idea these things is actually used besides seeing them in movies (yeah, I know I'm an alian :rolleyes: )

What are... are those... chaps? Really?

Edited by hivemind

This looks like it belongs in a gallery. Very nice.

Is the flower carved out and overlay on another color? If so what is the overlay it looks shiny? These are awesome, if I even had the talent to make them I think most people I know would accuse me of being color blind.

Collin, that effect is called filligree. Where a background tool would normally be used, I cut out the background and the color behind ( in this case the metallic orange) shows through. If you look back at my post named Hairy Chaps you will get a better idea.

the only thing that needs saying is WOW!!!!!!!!!!